Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
MR2 V6
1991 MR2 Turbo/240sx
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ive done a lot of research on the subject, but i want to hear it from you guys with experience. On a 3vz-fe I plan to get a zex wet kit (or any wet kit) 100 shot. Ive heard from other people that they run 100 shot on their camrys (1mz even- more fragile???) no problem. I also heard that you can advance your timing to about 15 degrees on a stock camry and it nets you to about 15hp.

My question is what octane fuel should I run, what timing should i be set at, should I upgrade fuel pump?

·
Registered
12 Posts
PsychoSquirrel said:
ok ive done a lot of research on the subject, but i want to hear it from you guys with experience. On a 3vz-fe I plan to get a zex wet kit (or any wet kit) 100 shot. Ive heard from other people that they run 100 shot on their camrys (1mz even- more fragile???) no problem. I also heard that you can advance your timing to about 15 degrees on a stock camry and it nets you to about 15hp.

My question is what octane fuel should I run, what timing should i be set at, should I upgrade fuel pump?
Do do it right this is what you will need:

Supra TT fuel pump.
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator Aeromotive
Wideband O2 sensore with gauge Innovate
LSD

or just get a rear wheel drive supra or cressida with the 7M and swap to a 7MGTE (turbo)

And for every 1 degree intiming advance, you increase cylinder combustion temp by 250 degrees F. So 5 degrees = 1250 degrees F = by by motor!!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts