Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
MDT Toyota Tech
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nascar has released a statement that the substance found in Michael Waltrips intake manifold was nothing more then sludge, typically found in many Toyota engines

·
Toyota Fanboy
4,486 Posts
Nice. I see we still let the Toyota bashers run wild here on TN.

·
Toyota Fanboy
4,486 Posts
You should put something in there so people know you are just kidding. We have a little problem with the Ford and GM fanboys coming on here and bashing Toyota every chance they get.

·
Toyota 4 Life
Supra and Camry
983 Posts
I have never came across a sludge problems are 4 that fact ANY problems that these news and other say that Toyota have......I haven seen any of them either or my friedns family etc never had a problem with the Toyota which are brand new...i am starting to think all this talk bout toyota going down is poproaganda....just something to give toyota a bad name....

·
Research is Your Friend!!
2006 GTO
851 Posts
^^^ :whatthe: Toyota covering 3.5 million engines, voluntarily, due to sludge. . . . and you still think it is propaganda?

Well. . . .maybe it is just propaganda and Toyota is just going along with it. . . .I can't say that is the best business decision though. . . . . . :kookoo:

BadChicken,

Funny stuff, too bad people here have no sence of humor when it comes to Toyota. . . . .

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
that wasn't too funny

TravisAe86: I suggest you LOOK INTO the tech behind sludge problems and why they occur before you make those kind of statements, this is a documented issue - you haven't seen it first hand, but it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

·
Registered
589 Posts
TravisAe86 said:
it not toyota..it's the people..
It must only be Toyota owners of very specific engines that are dumb enough to not change their oil then....

Anyway, yeah, bad joke.

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
Bugmenot said:
RAV4EVR, get over here is time for you to shine.:nutkick::lol:
I read about above but wasn't too enthusiastic to post here as only a crowd of TOYOTA ENTHUSIASTS can appreciate that.

I think 'engineer' and 'Z28Wilson' are doing a good job of shinning here..................:clap:

They still haven't recommended which Fords and GMs I should trade my Sequoia and Camry in for... Waiting.. :D

Z28Wilson said:
It must only be Toyota owners of very specific engines that are dumb enough to not change their oil then....

Anyway, yeah, bad joke.

engineer said:
^^^ :whatthe: Toyota covering 3.5 million engines, voluntarily, due to sludge. . . . and you still think it is propaganda?

Well. . . .maybe it is just propaganda and Toyota is just going along with it. . . .I can't say that is the best business decision though. . . . . . :kookoo:

·
Registered
589 Posts
RAV4EVR said:
They still haven't recommended which Fords and GMs I should trade my Sequoia and Camry in for... Waiting.. :D
Well sir, if I thought you were serious I would recommend some cars to at least look at. But I'm not going to waste my time. ;)

·
Research is Your Friend!!
2006 GTO
851 Posts
92_Gen3_5SFE_LE said:
well seeing as everyone in Nascar is running chevy engines...
huh? Chevrolet is running their SB2 motors (or Small-Block 2, from which it is loosely derived).

Dodge is running a modified version of the their old 340ci V8 from the 60's (not from original castings, these are race blocks and heads, based on the old design).

Ford is running a race built motor loosely based off of the old 302ci engine (I think, not for sure. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong).

And Toyota runs an all new motor, not sure what it is based on.

They look similar, but they are different. . . .

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
TravisAe86 said:
it not toyota..it's the people..
Yes, the people have a hand in it. But it is a problem exacerbated by a design issue.

Okay, fine, forget sludge. Google "7M-GTE BHG".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts