Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently installed a Toyota Nav unit (E7007, from Sienna) into my Corolla XLE. Took some time, but finally got it to work.

Been working like a beast for a few months now, but until last night I decided to insert a new Nav DVD (ver 10.1) that I downloaded. Now unit is stuck saying the following:

"DVD check in Process"

Unit continues to scan the DVD constantly. Try to remove the DVD, but all buttons on touchscreen seems to be disable.

Tried the following already:

- Going into the service mode of the Nav unit (hold INFO and turn headlights ON/OFF 3x), cannot get there

- Holding LOAD button for 5 secs

- Removed ACC fuse (from driver side panel) in attempts to reset unit

Is there any other way to force or manually eject the Nav DVD?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
from what i know, all disc readers/players have that little hole on the right side to put in a straightened paperclip to manually eject any disc that is stuck inside. try to look for that little hole. manual eject mechanisms are standard. but sometimes they are being covered by the faceplate of the head unit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@toyotasforall, most definitely. will post pics soon.

@joeylgarcia, I will take a closer look tonight. but most likely I think there's not going to be a manual pop-out hole. the nav unit has the entire lcd covering the insertion slots for the CD and DVD. you have to open it from the touchscreen and thereafter the screen will come out and down to give you access to the slots.

·
Highlander 2010
3 Posts
Hi,
Did you try different write method? IMGburn, 2x, speed and changing book type to dvd-rom? I did 8x speed and it stuck for me too.

Hi,

I recently installed a Toyota Nav unit (E7007, from Sienna) into my Corolla XLE. Took some time, but finally got it to work.

Been working like a beast for a few months now, but until last night I decided to insert a new Nav DVD (ver 10.1) that I downloaded. Now unit is stuck saying the following:

"DVD check in Process"

Unit continues to scan the DVD constantly. Try to remove the DVD, but all buttons on touchscreen seems to be disable.

- Going into the service mode of the Nav unit (hold INFO and turn headlights ON/OFF 3x), cannot get there

·
Registered
has no license plate
982 Posts
As promised, here is a pic of the Sienna (E7007) nav unit in my XLE.

Let me know what you think.

did the digital HVAC come standard in your car? or did you install that yourself? i really want that for my car

·
Registered
1 Posts
I burned a disc created from my Highlander 2012 and put it into my RAV4 2009 and it's stuck. No amount of button pushing would cause the DVD screen to slide down and eject the disk. I was panicking!.

I then followed the instructions on this thread (with some differences). I disconnected the battery cable, wait 1/2 minute, then connected back. The following then happened:

1. The DVD screen slided down into eject position. I did not have to force it or do any button pushing.
2. The DVD screen displayed "Invalid DVD map disc. Please insert correct map disc". Or something similar to this. I was so happy to see this, hence did not write down the exact text.
3. It also displayed a couple of button (one to eject the map dvd, one to eject the CD).

I then press the one to eject the map dvd, put the original back in. It displayed "System starting. Please do not disconnect power". Or very similar text to this. I waited for it to complete (there is a progress bar at the bottom of the screen). During this time the screen is still in eject position (horizontal). After the progress bar finished, the screen slide into normal position and the map displayed!!!....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you to the above people who offered advice, especially bigdaniel for the detailed instructions. However, since this 'hard reset' seems slightly more invasive, and require knowing what you're doing in disconnecting the battery cable, I've decided this will be Plan B.

Plan A: The best, simplest, and quickest method I found in fixing the problem with a stuck Navigation DVD in a Toyota (in my case, a Toyota Highlander), was in another thread, titled "Nav sys can't see map DVD AND CD Door Won't Open", by user jcasemore (post #7). See this link here.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,078 Posts
Not sure I'm a fan of the green as everything else is amber, but it fits and better than my stock unit.
+1 I still like my Rosen more as it looks more OEM then the OEM nav units do. :lol: I like how I don't have any blank area around my nav screen & the amber matches perfectly. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
If your having issues with your DVD Map do NOT disconnect the battery. It will lock up your unit and you will lose radio and CD player too. Nothing on the unit will work. I cam currently dealing with this and have first hand experience.

·
Registered
2013 SE corolla
150 Posts
Hi,

"DVD check in Process"

you and many othes had this happen , only solution is get a reman radio or have some body fix it for you , i just had a customer with the exact problem we got it fix fro 600 buck , or reman from yota $2700

·
Registered
1 Posts
If your having issues with your DVD Map do NOT disconnect the battery. It will lock up your unit and you will lose radio and CD player too. Nothing on the unit will work. I cam currently dealing with this and have first hand experience.
Hey Mosteve, Did you get your issue resolved?

Disconnected my battery before reading your post as it was on page 2. Now im locked out also.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,078 Posts
you'll need to clean the rollers on the DVD player. Here's a video on how to disassemble the unit. the DVD drive can also be disassembled down to the rollers. Use some alcohol and wipe the dirt off. works great!

Holy thread revival, Batman!!! :eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts