Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
PJSMITH
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so disappointed with Toyota Land.
Nav update for 2014 and associated Avalons is now 169 for the code and 2 FREAKIN hours of labor charge.. At the local T dealer it's 155 an hour! unbelievable. Still using the phone for oddities, but thought about an update after 6 years to the end of year 2018 update.

SAD

·
Registered
2014 Avalon Limited
125 Posts
More like disgusting ! This is how Toyota rewards it`s customers with outrageous costs of parts, repairs, and maintenance costs. All this sub par high tech in car electronic is sure to cost a fortune to repair for owners . $155 an hour X 2 for just a upload should be criminal. I bet if it was under warranty there would be no update, or they would say we don`t see anything wrong, sorry it can`t be done! No fix yet. A.K.A, once the warranty is up we will try anything as long as your paying for it!
Dealers are getting way too greedy now a days.

·
Registered
909 Posts
It is of course unfair and infuriating that Toyota should attempt to overcharge so much for a simple upload to the car. The fact is, though, that Google Maps navigation is vastly superior, is constantly updated, and considers traffic in its routing. If one has an Android phone, all that is necessary with a properly set up phone is to say "OK Google, navigate to 123 Main St. (or whatever)" and you will be guided there with voice instructions in a voice of your choice. I do use the Avalon's Navigation system and it is alright for the average destination, as roads don't change much in my general area, but Google navigation is a great backup which is immediately available if I need it.

Robert N.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts