Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of us who bought dvd/gps units from ebay or other source, with units that have no gps software...... where can we get the software so we can get our navi working and routing????

Yes i did try "search" but little info on dLing software and maps.....

any N all advice and help is appreciated

·
Jay Patel - Mixin' J
07 Camry LE i4
130 Posts
for those of us who bought dvd/gps units from ebay or other source, with units that have no gps software...... where can we get the software so we can get our navi working and routing????

Yes i did try "search" but little info on dLing software and maps.....

any N all advice and help is appreciated

WOW! I was going to start the SAME thread!!

Any and all help is appreciated - +1!

·
Registered
680 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, on the product descriptions, it says that the maps are able to be updated by updating the software in the SD card that contains all the maps, etc. I do not own one of these in-dash navigation systems, but is there an SD card slot anywhere that you can pop out with maps loaded in it? If so, maybe it's a simple download. Try contacting the seller. :thumbsup:

·
Jay Patel - Mixin' J
07 Camry LE i4
130 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, on the product descriptions, it says that the maps are able to be updated by updating the software in the SD card that contains all the maps, etc. I do not own one of these in-dash navigation systems, but is there an SD card slot anywhere that you can pop out with maps loaded in it? If so, maybe it's a simple download. Try contacting the seller. :thumbsup:
Well for my case, I bought my in dash navi from a wholesaler and he had told me that the software was not included. I do have an SD card slot for maps, but I just don't know how to go about downloading the maps... or which GPS software to download for that matter. I've gotten search results for iGo & Route66. Does anyone know if there is a Navigon or Tomtom software available?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Mine nor alot of other who bought this type of unit did not get the maps/sd card included....... thats why this thread was created...not because we got the sd card with maps and don't know how to install it, because we did not get the maps/sd card.....:facepalm:

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
The only solution is to contact the seller and raise some hell.

·
Registered
camry
583 Posts
I assume it works the same way as those Nokia GPS dash-mount ones. Just google it and hit the forum and download the softwares.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I assume it works the same way as those Nokia GPS dash-mount ones. Just google it and hit the forum and download the softwares.
did that...forums are kra-z confuzin and most the the files are already deleted from or are now inop.....i'm waitn on a sd card to arrive with the software.....:chug:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts