Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving on the freeway a window appears on the navigation screen showing the upcoming exits. This window takes up half of the navigation screen. Is there a way to turn this feature off?

·
Registered
'21 Venza xle '20 Highlander Pl
789 Posts
I sorta like it. Nice to know the services and distances at next 3 upcoming exits.

Besides the right half of the map screen showing upcoming exits is wasted when driving on Interstates because there are no winding turns or streets/crossroads, only numbered exit ramps from a straight run of highway. When destination is set the exit info disappears and shows a graphic of the exiting signs and lane(s) which is also transferred to the speedometer and HUD displays.

·
Registered
16 Posts
While driving on the freeway a window appears on the navigation screen showing the upcoming exits. This window takes up half of the navigation screen. Is there a way to turn this feature off?
I gave up on Toyota’s navigation system after testing it on a 2019 Avalon on a return to my home. When I was only a half mile from home, the nav system said that instead of turning left onto my street, I should drive straight past my street, go one block and turn left, go another block and turn left, go another block and turn right: 3 extra blocks! Since it missed the simplest of navigational guidance, I couldn’t trust it on unfamiliar roads. So I now use Apple CarPlay every time I get into my car, a 2021 Venza Limited. I also bought a wireless adaptor on Amazon and my iPhone says in my pocket. Nice solution for me.

·
Registered
2021 Venza XLE
67 Posts
I gave up on Toyota’s navigation system after testing it on a 2019 Avalon on a return to my home. When I was only a half mile from home, the nav system said that instead of turning left onto my street, I should drive straight past my street, go one block and turn left, go another block and turn left, go another block and turn right: 3 extra blocks! Since it missed the simplest of navigational guidance, I couldn’t trust it on unfamiliar roads. So I now use Apple CarPlay every time I get into my car, a 2021 Venza Limited. I also bought a wireless adaptor on Amazon and my iPhone says in my pocket. Nice solution for me.
OEM NAV's are all somewhat lacking at times but they are especially useful for if/when there isn't a cell signal. I moved to a new city recently, a small city, and briefly had a problem with my phone signal that resulted in multiple drops and subsequent delayed or inaccurate directions from cell based maps. I like to use both, not always simultaneously, but to spot check one another, giving me options.

·
Registered
'21 Venza xle '20 Highlander Pl
789 Posts
OEM NAV's are all somewhat lacking at times but they are especially useful for if/when there isn't a cell signal. I moved to a new city recently, a small city, and briefly had a problem with my phone signal that resulted in multiple drops and subsequent delayed or inaccurate directions from cell based maps. I like to use both, not always simultaneously, but to spot check one another, giving me options.
Same goes for mountainous areas with many of cell tower dead zones.

·
Registered
2022 Toyota Venza Titanium Glow
5 Posts
When you actual driving on freeway, go to map mode (watch the traffic with one eye, lol), there your can see "freeway exit list" is enabled, you can disable it, after that you wont have that annoying part anymore, I like it without that, you can always turn it on later if you need it later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts