Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
2,436 Posts
The latest update was uploaded here http://www.sendspace.com/file/00cwar but beware if you dont read it properly you will also download a malware/spyware.

MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE 266MB ENTUNE.ZIP AND NOT THE 275K ENTUNE.ZIP.EXE

Just remove the check on the box under the download link
I just tried installing the file that was from the link. It looks like it is the Entune 2.1 Update, and not for the Maps.

When I put the USB with the files into my car it said that it was a software update, but that I wasn't allowed to downgrade my Entune and go from 2.2.0 to 2.1.0.

·
Go Bolts!
1,143 Posts
If you have 2.2.0 i am assuming you have the latest firmware. I read somewhere that they are releasing 3.0 this coming fall.
Keep in mind that that the updates for the maps are separate from any Entune updates.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It took me forever to find someone to give me the CORRECT answer at my Toyota dealership. Mis-information abounds. The emails that were sent out last year didn't apply to 2012+ Camrys, because the update last year was for DVD-based units only, and we have HDD based units (ok, solid state drive-based units... whatever). Anyway those emails shouldn't have gone out to us because they didn't apply to us.

My 2012 Camry SE came with 2010 maps and yes there has been a LOT of road construction around here in the last 5 years so the old info has been annoying. So I have been asking for an update constantly for the last year and a half. The next update for our systems has always been scheduled for November 2013, and it is available now. Ask for it at your dealership's Parts department, or service department.

I'm going to buy it today from the Parts department. I'll let you know how it goes. From what I understand, they can either install it for you or they can give you a jump drive with the update and a card with a license number, that you have to enter when installing the software.

·
Registered
22 Posts
well i got mine dont today since my dealership did a blackfriday sale with all services 50% off. this is what i got map version 21-13-17 (2013-6-1)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wow, that's some sale! The Toyota dealerships around here don't believe in Black Friday. There are no special sales for service or parts.

My GPS upgrade was a special order. I asked if it qualified as a "Toyota part" and the 15% off coupon would apply. The Parts guy asked his manager, who said that would be below their cost (hmmm...sure). But he took $6 off. Don't ask me how that number was determined. It was better than nothing, and I had already decided to order it anyway. I booked my next service appointment while I was there for a few weeks from now. They'll install the update while doing the service.

·
Registered
58 Posts
$169 + tax.

They took a few buck off because I asked, and gave it to me for $163 + tax. Not exactly a life-changing discount, but it was better than nothing.

Edit: Looking at the invoice they have "list price" indicated as $221.39. Surrrrrrre. Net price shows as $163.00. Wonder whose imagination the list price came from.

·
Registered
22 Posts
$169 + tax.

They took a few buck off because I asked, and gave it to me for $163 + tax. Not exactly a life-changing discount, but it was better than nothing.

Edit: Looking at the invoice they have "list price" indicated as $221.39. Surrrrrrre. Net price shows as $163.00. Wonder whose imagination the list price came from.
did you get yours done and what version are your maps now?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm going in for my last complimentary maintenance service next week, so I ordered the update through my dealer's service dept...yes, the full $169.00 plus our brutal 10% sales tax so I can have them do it...then the usual dealer bulls!!! Was next. They had the balls to tell me there is a $47.50 installation fee to have it upgraded. I told him that I will just do it myself. He said that I would not be able to as there is "more to it than that" and there was a special tool needed. I just thanked him for ordering and left it alone.

Is that a crock of shit or legitimate? I have a 2012 XLE with HDD Nav

If it's just a USB "plug and play" then they'll get an earfull... The parts guy said it was USB...I did not really get into anything.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wish I could tell you. I went in for the 20,000 mile service and they were supposed to have installed it at the same time. The one guy in the entire dealership who knew how to do it went home sick so they were telling me that I was out of luck and would have to come back. Nobody said anything about an installation charge but I was told that it only takes 5 or 10 minutes. If that is true, the price you were quoted seems rather high (1 hour labor).

Based on what the service tech said, they have the update on CD and they need to copy it onto a flash drive. The package that they order contains a little booklet (without instructions) and a card with an activation code on it. It doesn't contain the actual update, so you can not just order it and install it yourself.

I kept the package and later today I may see if a different dealership can install the update for me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Part 86272-HDD07-00.

Ok... Stopped at another dealership... And they couldn't believe I paid for the update. They were kinda confused about how to update but at least they had a couple of people in- house who knew. Seems like it MUST be installed by a tech. They enter the activation code into their system and it lets them download the update. Then they burn the update to flash drive and install it but need to be on the phone with Toyota during the install because Toyota needs to do something on their end for the update to install (my read on that is that it's an elaborate anti-piracy measure). That's why it can take 1 to 2 hours. It's to allow for download and telephone time. Anyway they said they'd do it for me for free but I'd have to bring it back because it was too close to the end of the day and nobody was at the Toyota end. So at least I have a second option if the dealership I bought it from leaves me high and dry till January.

·
Another Camry...
686 Posts
Wow, what a rip off. With dang near every portable GPS unit sold these days offering lifetime map updates and the abundance of free smartphone mapping apps how is these car companies have the nerve to charge anything over say fifty bucks to update their already behind the times systems!?! Terrible.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts