Toyota Nation Forum banner

need 4speed in rolla06 LE

2K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  Bitter 
#1 ·
i have a 06 rolla LE its black i wanna make it fast (duh) i cant find any turbo kits on the internet, rumor has it they are good for 70-100 hp, does anyone know where to get a turbo/anything to help me out in the power department? if i do get this stuff, what about my car maxing out at 110mph? does hp effect top speed at all/top speed per gear? i wanna get 225 mm tires on it cuz these 195s are weak...has any1 done the same? lastly my car isnt aerodynamic so at 70+mph you can feel the wind resistance sway the car so you have to grip the wheel tight, anything i can do?:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::smokin:
bl:smokin:ntz

#4 ·
LMAO. 20 inch rims with a turbo lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. 17 inch rims plus turbo, 1.5 inch drop all around, get an exhaust, intake, and whatever bolt ons you can find. tune it. my guess is its your dad's car and you're only 14.

#6 ·
yeah thats why i can drive right? that turbo kit is 4,000 dollars and i dont have that kind of money im looking to get a good amount of horse power for 2500 tops. specific details please cuz its hard to find things
i also found a universal turbo kit on ebay idk what to do cuz im new to cars and i feel like my car doesnt have enough power

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ALL-COROLLA-T3-T4-AR50-CUSTOM-TURBO-CHARGER-KIT-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ002QQitemZ120069091350QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

#10 ·
eehhhhhhhh ppl always give me that, its out of the question... ok whats his face was close with the fathers car thing, my dad bought this for me. its technically his car i guess, i couldnt sell it and buy a new one although i was looking at old supras but who wants a car with 175k miles on it? anyhoo i am not a corolla LE i need to make my LE more like me :hammer: i dont wanna put less than 20'' on it tho because i dont buy teenage shoes. i just dont. maybe ill settle for enkei j10s 18'' black so i can black it out, im gunna get the factory spoiler that comes with the s type because any other wing would look stupid, ill drop it 2 inches, get some underglow, tint it out, new spyder black taillights and last/least hid xenons blue to give it that "i paid the big bux" l@@k

#12 ·
hmm rice so like what japaneese ppl do to their cars? idk what ricer/rice it up means, i just want my shit to look fly, what do you think of that set up? i think i made up those rims lol i was basically looking for black rims like icw jet's they are like 12 spoke black with chrome lip what do you think?
L@@k

#13 ·
Alex.
I think the point Bitter and Saybackgung were trying to get accross to you is that putting 20 " wheels on your car will actually make it slower. Sure that is the style but if you want your car fast, that would be defeating the purpose. The larger circumfrence of a 20" wheel makes it harder for the engine to turn it. I don't know if you understand the principles of gearing, but you would be in effect raising the gearing of your car. Moving off in second instead of first is an exaggereted example but the same basic idea.

#15 ·
No. Not if you keep close to the original circumfrence.
Go to the link below and try some wheel size and tire size and profile combinations to see how much they vary and what you can use. Idealy you want to stay within 1 or 2% of original.
I listed two random examples to give you an idea. I am not sure of your original tire size.
You can see an almost 12% difference in the first example, and about a 2% difference in the second example. That is how much power/accelleration you can expect to loose.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Specification Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revs/Mile Difference
185/60-14 4.4in 11.4in 22.7in 71.4in 887 0.0%
195/35-20 2.7in 12.7in 25.4in 79.7in 795 11.6%

Specification Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revs/Mile Difference
185/60-14 4.4in 11.4in 22.7in 71.4in 887 0.0%
195/40-17 3.1in 11.6in 23.1in 72.7in 872 1.8%

You can loose a little because of heavier tire being more work for the engine to turn but it is not as much as when you change the gearing with a taller tire. You also loose with a wider tire offering more roling and wind resistance, but that again is small and might only be noticeable in your gas milage. Many times a lighter aluminum wheel will ofset those other drawbacks, but it won't cancel out higher gearing from a taller tire.

#16 · (Edited)
thanks for the incite. ive decided im not going to do anything to the power because it sounds like its just a waste of money. id rather spend my money on the looks. i will try and make it the best corolla i can looks wise. ive decided. finally. black enkei j10s (i settled for 18inches) 225/40R-18(.6%slow thank you donald) kumho ecsta spt's despite them having only 320 treadwear(idk what that means) verses the kumho asx's which have 400 for 4$ less a set. only because the spt's have a mean looking tread. it sounds silly even to me but is that justifyable to anyone? lastly, spoiler lowering kit 2.5''(is that too much? should i get 1.6''?) strut bar. (i picked qty 1 cause i figured theyd come with 2 right cause u need 2 rite? idk how these things work) also black taillights. with the tints and the underglow it should make out for a mean corolla no? for approx 2500 the only thing missing is an indash motorized dvd, amp and sub but i think im good with the stock stereo for now

G
#17 ·
alex06rolla said:
thanks for the incite. ive decided im not going to do anything to the power because it sounds like its just a waste of money. id rather spend my money on the looks. i will try and make it the best corolla i can looks wise. ive decided. finally. black enkei j10s (i settled for 18inches) 225/40R-18(.6%slow thank you donald) kumho ecsta spt's despite them having only 320 treadwear(idk what that means) verses the kumho asx's which have 400 for 4$ less a set. only because the spt's have a mean looking tread. it sounds silly even to me but is that justifyable to anyone? lastly, spoiler lowering kit 2.5''(is that too much? should i get 1.6''?) strut bar. (i picked qty 1 cause i figured theyd come with 2 right cause u need 2 rite? idk how these things work) also black taillights. with the tints and the underglow it should make out for a mean corolla no? for approx 2500 the only thing missing is an indash motorized dvd, amp and sub but i think im good with the stock stereo for now
18inch tire and a 2.5 inch drop = not a good idea (i would go with a 1.6 inch drop and a 17inch rim)

spoiler = good

strut bar = good (but usually there is two DIFFRENT strut bars, one for the front and one for the rear, then you can get some lower tie bars for the front and rear)

#21 ·
alex06rolla said:
despite them having only 320 treadwear(idk what that means) verses the kumho asx's which have 400 for 4$ less a set. only because the spt's have a mean looking tread. it sounds silly even to me but is that justifyable to anyone?
The treadwear number is an arbitrary figure but it is relative, meaning that a 320 treadwear will wear out before a 400, but last longer than a 200. The trade off to that is the lower number sometimes (not always) gives better traction than the higher one. 300 to 400 range is generally what I look for in my tires. Over 400 the grip might not be as good, although it might have an "A" rating for traction. So two tires with an "A"- traction rating at about the same price, I will usually choose the lower treadwear rating number.

Mean looking treads are good in the wet, but on a dry pavement they sometimes do not grip as well, are more noisy and wear off quicker. This is mostly generalization, but I think you will get the idea.

For me personally I prefer a car with Go-and-no-show than a car with Show-and-no-go, but a little of both is good too.

Don't be in a hurry to decide what you want to do. Every thing you want to know can be found on the Internet. Just do a Google search for tire treadwear rating and see what comes up. It might take some word rearranging to find exactly what you want, but it is out there.

You made a good start by joining this group.

#22 · (Edited)
wow donald thanks. yea thats basically what ive been doing, thats how i found out what tire code is and stuff...do you know anything about buying car parts online tho? do i have to worry about anything

my friend is gunna put springs 1.6 drop and he tells me i shud get a new rear strutbar. can u guys justify the need to get a new rear strutbar? also i havent been able to find a rear strutbar for my car online anyway

#23 ·
yeah beware some ebay cheapness made from china, you dont want to spend 60 bux on some springs and they start to sag a month later do you? Just watch out for some cause of the insanely cheap quality, but as for you're strut bar, try ebay if they dont have itkeep searching you'll end up finding some.

good luck man just no huge pool jumping board spoiler ok?

#26 ·
dirtdevil4386b said:
i have a 94 corolla with a 1.6 16v dohc and i didnt modify it much all i really did was drop it 2'' put a k&n intake, reset the revlimiter, took off govenor and put dunlop ms tires on it and it reach 153mph and redlined at 7200rpm with 180hp
And all you haters out there said it wasn't possible to squeeze mad performance, yo, from the F-head. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.