Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, when they installed my XM they drilled a couple big holes in the part right under the stereo, and right above the two cup holders with the removable piece that lets you adjust the size for different sized cups. (I hope you guys know what I am talking about) So I had the dealership order a new piece and I was going to pay them the 40 to install it, but took the 2 cup holder piece out, and it looks like I should be able to pull the whole rest of the piece I am replacing out. Has anyone taken this piece out before, do you just puch up underneath the shifter piece to release the clip[s and then pull back and it's out?

Thanks guys for any help on this one.
 

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
Joined
·
10,653 Posts
ero2 said:
So, when they installed my XM they drilled a couple big holes in the part right under the stereo, and right above the two cup holders with the removable piece that lets you adjust the size for different sized cups. (I hope you guys know what I am talking about) So I had the dealership order a new piece and I was going to pay them the 40 to install it, but took the 2 cup holder piece out, and it looks like I should be able to pull the whole rest of the piece I am replacing out. Has anyone taken this piece out before, do you just puch up underneath the shifter piece to release the clip[s and then pull back and it's out?

Thanks guys for any help on this one.
The dual cup holders just pop right out if you pull up on the cup. But the storage space in front of the cup holders (under the A/C controlls) is built into the center console.

To remove the center console(for an auto trans.), first take off the trim piece around the shifter. It is that whole silver piece that has the single cup holder. Just grab hold of the sides and pull straight up and it will pop off. Then you have to manuever it a little bit to get it off of the shifter knob. There are 4 bolts/screws that hold the center console down. 2 of the screws are around the shifter. Then get in the arm/rest console and pull out the carpet piece in the bottom. Undo those 2 bolts (10mm, I think). Then you can just jerk the whole thing backwards toward the rear seat and it should all pop loose. The front part has a couple clips that pop into slots in the dash. While you have the whole thing off you can see the trucks CPU.

There is some more info and pics in this thread. http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t87182.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
you sir just saved me 1 whole day of leaving my baby at the dealer, 41$ in labor, and the happiness of doing it myself. I was wondering why it wouldn't come up, should've thought bolts might be under the carpet in the console part.


THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!:clap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
That's not the CPU!!

that silver box that you see with the yellow wireharness plug is actually the brains for your SRS system (aka airbags). This unit has the sensors that look for suddenchanges in deceleration and from what direction. Based on this information, the unit fires the certain airbags to protect the occupant.

Pb2theMax said:
While you have the whole thing off you can see the trucks CPU.

There is some more info and pics in this thread. http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t87182.html
 

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
Joined
·
10,653 Posts
TacoSport05 said:
that silver box that you see with the yellow wireharness plug is actually the brains for your SRS system (aka airbags). This unit has the sensors that look for suddenchanges in deceleration and from what direction. Based on this information, the unit fires the certain airbags to protect the occupant.
Hey, that'll work too.

Whatever it is, just be sure not to smack that silver box with a hammer. :lol:
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top