Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BahaMR2
1992 JDM MR2
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where Can i get a new maf, a while back i screwed those 2 screws halfway and ive been leaning out so if anyone knows where i can get one at a good price that wud be cool thanks.

·
tamalpro
91 mr2
87 Posts
same situation

hey man i have the same problem. first of all i just bougth the car, and wen i bougth it it look like the maf had a lose contact. so i cleaned it. but nothing, so i opened, and just like you, i broke it, look man, wat i did to fix the problem was that, i took away the cap of whith a screw drive (sorry for my english) and put all back to gather, i did wat i could and put the cap back with silicone, now the car is running god, but sometimes the maf acts like it has a lose contact and stumbles, im gona buy a new one but im using it like that cause its my daily rider, please teel me wen you get one, dealer or not, i want to know hou much. another thing, i graved a maf from a mazda turbo 323, the maf its identicall, same brand plugs, everithing, but dint work. good luck. and let me know

·
BahaMR2
1992 JDM MR2
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the tip dude. i was thinking on doing t he same thing but i really dont want to chance screwing it up even more. i just dont push the car where full boost comes into place. a friend tells me there are MAP kits for the 3sgte so i am doing some research on them i will post my results as soon as i find one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts