Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SIGtastic!!!
07 Tacoma Quad cab
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am still trying to decide what to do with my wheels. I would like to get 17s, but have a dumb question. I currently have 16in wheels on my truck, if I upgrade to 17s, do I need a 17 to replace the spare as well? or would having a 16in spare run fine for around town crap till I could get a blown tire fixed?

Also, even if I stick with 16in wheels I want to replace them with black ones. Any suggestions on where to look for decent but nice and cheap black wheels? yes... I am a cheap bastard:lol:

Also another dumb question, there is a radio station in my area that I listen to a bit. But its always crackling. I replaced the factory radio with a new one(which may be part of the problem) but a lot of other channels are perfectly clear. Think a new antenna to replace the factory one would help any? I know nothing about the antenna's and quality so... any ideas?

·
Did somebody say snow?
231 Posts
How much are you wanting to spend on wheels? I've seen black steelies for as low $75 for a brand new rim. Aluminum wheels usually go for $125+ brand new. Search craigslist and ebay and other online sources for bargains. As far as the radio, might be the antenna, or just the fact that the station is running on a lower frequency and the distance is too great to pick up the signal clearly.

·
SIGtastic!!!
07 Tacoma Quad cab
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
$75 would be doable. Wheelers - they don't look bad at all...

The station I listen to is out of Albany NY. Its a big station that is nationwide on different channels. I work right in Albany and live about 10 miles outside of Albany so I am very close.

·
Membership canceled
307 Posts
Konig Countersteers offroad wheels. 16x8

you can only buy them at one place. JLB Motorsports in Cali.

2007 TRD Sport

·
SIGtastic!!!
07 Tacoma Quad cab
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like those, $690 shipped isn't bad. I emailed Wheelers and got an email back already. $115 for shipping, so about $430 shipped, then I would need to have the shop swap my tires.

Not too bad... hmm..

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
You don't have to dump money on a wheel for the spare. You can have different wheel sizes for spares, its not going to hurt, after all a spare is only there for emergencies. Take a look at the difference in wheel size from the spares on the average honda. Spares like, smaller than a dominos pizza!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts