Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
92 Camry 5S-FE
92 Camry 5S-FE
485 Posts
Shops will do one of two things. If the difference is small they will use a pipe stretcher to increase the stock pipe diameter, if it is a big difference they will weld in reducers. You can buy reducers and adapters at almost any auto parts place, pep boys has a good selection if they have one near you and you can clamp them on. They sell do it yourself exhaust pipe stretchers too but I've never tried it myself. I would rather spend 30 bucks and have someone weld it in though rather than clamping.

·
Registered
1999 Buick Century
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if your just putting on a muffler just take it to an exhaust shop and let them mount it. just make sure you're clean on how ya want it positioned so you get the fit right.
well one them big ones with the deep rumble and i have to get a new pipe now due to previous owner having it welded on and no way to change the position

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
Dude. Exhaust shops can mount any muffler regardless of the minor pipe size differences.

·
I HAS BOOST!!!
94 Camry SE V6 Coup
10,728 Posts
well one them big ones with the deep rumble and i have to get a new pipe now due to previous owner having it welded on and no way to change the position
as long as they dont totally suck...bring them the muffler, point out what needs to be replaced, explain how you want the muffler to sit under the car, eat old doughnuts and bad coffee in their waiting room.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts