Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
07 PRE RUNNER DOUBLE
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im in TLH florida and moving to juneau alaska I am in a desprate search for a used bed cap for my 07 short bed DC taco. I figured I see if anyone knew of one close before I pay out the ass for one.
Please let me know.

I have been watching craigslist.
I have been watching the local dealers inventory for a used cap.
I am open to leer, jason, snug top, are,

my truck is silver so obviously thats preferred.

·
TexasJiminSTX
2005 Tacoma 2WD
218 Posts
You're not gonna find many. The '05+ Taco bed is 3" wider at the cab than at the tailgate, so most regular sized caps won't fit right. That will severely limit the caps that will fit.

I bought a used one and narrowed it to fit. But, shipping a cap to where I live would have cost many hundreds, so the money I saved was worth it.

If you don't care about how the cap looks, you could fabricate some sort of thing to match the bed to the cap.

Good Luck!

Texas Jim in St. Croix

·
Registered
82 Posts
After I bought my '07 Reg Cab, I spent nearly two years looking in classified ads for a used canopy that fit it, (a new one was ~$1,200).

I finally gave up and ordered a SoftTopper ($540 including shipping) and love it. The best thing about it is that I can, fold it up, take it off, by myself, without scratching up my rear quarter panels, and put it in the garage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts