Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister has a 95 Camry w/ a 3.0 6cyl. The expansion joint in the y-pipe has gone bad. Is this a "dealer only" item or are there any places to get one? The factory one from a dealer is ridiculously priced. At this point, I could care less if it is a performance y-pipe or an OEM. Any ideas? Thanks for any help!

·
Dthepit
91 Posts
if it is just the flex pipe, any good exhaust shop should be able to weld a new flex pipe on there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was gonna be my last resort, since it is pretty rusty (I'm afraid there isn't too much life left in the rest of the pipe). I would probably just weld it in myself. Does it have to be anything in particular or does it just have to be flexible?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Harley-Davidson said:
That was gonna be my last resort, since it is pretty rusty (I'm afraid there isn't too much life left in the rest of the pipe). I would probably just weld it in myself. Does it have to be anything in particular or does it just have to be flexible?
i jsut looks rusty on the outside ... the ypipe is made from a pretty thick guage pipe... it will last a long time, those flex pipes cost about 50-80 CAD depending on diameter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you guys are interested, I found a y-pipe for my sister's car. It came with a high-flow cat (it was cheaper than getting a stock-style cat). It was about $350 which includes a $20 core charge (they say it is a reman, but everything seemed to be brand new). The fit is good except I had to remove the front mounting bracket completely to get it to mount to the flanges. It really wasn't necessary anyway, since it fit so tight. Here is the place I got it from:

www.kansascityconverters.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts