Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GO GATORS!!
2007 Toyota Tacoma
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so here is the scoop so far:
Pointer and I visited the sales dept. today (all damn day) they know my situation and say they are working with me on giving me a 06 ac prerunner at there cost and giving me 15,000 for mine. so when i test drive a 05' ac today they want 24,000 for it?WTF? that is no where near cost for them. and they say thats what the 06's are too. so when i got home today i jumped on autotrader and printed out about 9 other toyota dealers that have the exact same truck a year newer with less miles listed for 20,499? also another thing is they are not letting me talk to the rep, so here is the advice i need- when i go in tomorrow to pick up my truck should i talk to them and show them the trucks i found and say im going to another dealer who cares bout there customers or should i give up on them and just go to another dealer in another town?

the funny thing is that the nissan dealer right next store has a 06 prerunner listed at 20,495? so why the hell can they get one for that but toyota can't?

thanks for the help

·
2007 Indigo Tacoma
2007 4x2 Tacoma
61 Posts
So you havent actually talked to anyone at the dealer about the price after you gathered the other prices? Take it to the manager, the reps dont really control the price of used vehicles, at most dealerships, there is usually a manager that sets the prices, because hes the one that evaluates what he pays to bring them in.

·
What is this!?
06 Double Cab Tacoma
821 Posts
I say you nutt the dealers! The dealers from where i'm from offered me 24k for a brand new white/silver double cab TRD sport last january

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sales are there to take your money, as much of it as possible, they are not your friends. Play hard ball, go in and tell them "XX,XXX.00" is what I'm offering for the truck do you want to sell it or not?
I did that with my 2005 Tacoma I bought in Dec of 2004, they just came out and some dealer were insisting on MSRP as soon as you started to taslk to them.
I ended up at 400 over cost, do your home work (seems like you did this already:thumbup: ) and visit all the dealer in your area.
The dealer that needs the sale will bargain.

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
Major Woods said:
Sales are there to take your money, as much of it as possible, they are not your friends. Play hard ball, go in and tell them "XX,XXX.00" is what I'm offering for the truck do you want to sell it or not?
I did that with my 2005 Tacoma I bought in Dec of 2004, they just came out and some dealer were insisting on MSRP as soon as you started to taslk to them.
I ended up at 400 over cost, do your home work (seems like you did this already:thumbup: ) and visit all the dealer in your area.
The dealer that needs the sale will bargain.
I would first go to the dealers website that has the truck you want for around 20,ooo and haggle with the internet salesperson... they can generally get you a better deal and you can have a price nailed down before you even walk on the property with an offer. '

give the original dealer the opportunity to buy back your truck for 15,000...take your money and walk. from experience, the more you argue, the less likely they are to fold on the offer they've given you... just don't give then any business.

you tried deluca toyota here in ocala or david maus in orlando.....that guy will do anything to get your business... also, a cool dealer in ft. myers called "the family store" where i got my truck is a great dealer to work with....... key point "SHOP THE INTERNET" and "EMAIL AN INTERNET SALES REP" Good luck....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts