Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to lower my 98 tacoma 1 1/2 to 2". I can't go any lower than that. Also I am on a budget. I need the cheapest, easiest, safest way to lower this thing. Please, please respond. I know nothing on this topic and every magazine I pick up is dealing with 3-6 inch drop or airbags.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Flip the ball joints up front and get 2in lowering blocks in the rear. That will give you a 3/2 drop.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
by flipping them, I need a kit, right? And I take the lower ball joints and remove them from the bottom of the lower arm and place them on the top of the lower arm? Sorry for my ignorance, but I am not knowledgable on this topic.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. I will look into that kit. Does this change any of the geometry on the front suspension such as allignment and camber...those types of things?

·
Registered
100 Posts
The geometry stays the same and the DJM kit includes longer upper control arms so it corrects camber. I would recommend getting an alignment for toe after you install the kit. It may be necessary to adjust the toe yourself so you can get it straight enough to drive to an alignment shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts