Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up y’all. Newbie to the Tercel game here. I recently picked up a 1994 Tercel l30 coupe, and have decided I want to modify the car. I’m originally a Honda guy and don’t know shit about these cars. All I know is I can fit a Starlet GT 5efte or 4e whichever it is into it. I’d like to know what will fit into and onto them. I would like more information on aftermarket headlights because mine has those sunk in looking head lights and I don’t like it. I’d like some aftermarket halos or retro fit stuff for it. As far as engine and trans goes, I have the 3ee sohc with a 4 speed manual and would also like to upgrade the engine and possibly slap a turbo onto it, but don’t want the thing to look too damn ugly when I get it passed 130hp lol. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
9,429 Posts
Good luck, might want to talk with these guys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got a 91 Tercel that I rebuilt the engine in. I was debating rebuild vs swap and what I learned is that you can swap in a 5e-fe, a 4e-fate, a 4a-ge 16 valve, or a 4a-ge 20 valve. The 5e is supposedly a direct bolt in and the other three require little modification. There's no real modifications for a stock tercel engine though, believe me I've been looking for as long as I've had mine (about 5 years). I have seen people stuff some crazy things I to a tercel though. There was a guy in Norfolk, VA that had a crappy green tercel that looked like a beater and made no significant exhaust not beyond making you think it had an exhaust leak or pipes with rust holes in them. Low and behold I met him at a car meet and he had managed to stuff at 2jz gte into that thing. The biggest takeaway I've gotten from owning a tercel is it's all about how much you're willing to spend putting something better under the hood. If it's gonna cost you, might as well go balls to the wall with a 2jz.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts