Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello experts 馃檪,
My beautiful 2014 Corolla LE with only 38,000 kms, has OEM steel rims with 205/55R16 tires. I love the look of the 17" alloy rims on the Corolla S. Could you please let me know if 17" rims would fit my LE and the repercussions of the change? As well, which tires should I get? I believe Corolla S comes with 215/45R17. If I can find used rims with tires, would these work? I have also read that 205/50R17 would work but I might have to spend more money to buy those new. I need your advice and guidance.
Thanks for your help,
Sue.

Registered
I didn't know if you wanted factory rims or not but I just bought a used 2016 corolla s plus with approx 17500 miles with the 17" rims and Firestone tires decent condition if you are still looking let me know.

Diehard Rams Fan
Hello experts 馃檪,
My beautiful 2014 Corolla LE with only 38,000 kms, has OEM steel rims with 205/55R16 tires. I love the look of the 17" alloy rims on the Corolla S. Could you please let me know if 17" rims would fit my LE and the repercussions of the change? As well, which tires should I get? I believe Corolla S comes with 215/45R17. If I can find used rims with tires, would these work? I have also read that 205/50R17 would work but I might have to spend more money to buy those new. I need your advice and guidance.
Thanks for your help,
Sue.
You should be able to find a set of used OEM 17" Toyota alloy wheels. The downside of them is that they are heavy and the offset is not great. If you buy a set of 17" aftermarket wheels you can easily find a set that weighs 5 lbs less per wheel and you can choose the width and offset to better fill the wheel well.

The tire size is your choice. The OEM 215/45R17 size is too small at 24.6" diameter. The 205/50R17 and 225/45R17 are the same size diameter as your current tires. The narrower 205/50R17 will provide better MPG and the wider 225/45R17 can provide better handling, steering, and braking given the same tire in each size.

Registered
You should be able to find a set of used OEM 17" Toyota alloy wheels. The downside of them is that they are heavy and the offset is not great. If you buy a set of 17" aftermarket wheels you can easily find a set that weighs 5 lbs less per wheel and you can choose the width and offset to better fill the wheel well.

The tire size is your choice. The OEM 215/45R17 size is too small at 24.6" diameter. The 205/50R17 and 225/45R17 are the same size diameter as your current tires. The narrower 205/50R17 will provide better MPG and the wider 225/45R17 can provide better handling, steering, and braking given the same tire in each size.

SuperchargedMR2 what is the offset of the factory wheels? What would be a good offset in an aftermarket wheel? I was looking for a set of Scion TC wheels for my 18 LE

Diehard Rams Fan
SuperchargedMR2 what is the offset of the factory wheels? What would be a good offset in an aftermarket wheel? I was looking for a set of Scion TC wheels for my 18 LE
You would need to see if your OEM wheel is stamped with the offset on the inside of the wheel. If not hopefully someone on here can chime in that knows the OEM offset and width. Do you have steel wheels or alloy wheels now? Once you know what you have use a wheel offset calculator to see the difference that your new wheels will sit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts