Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 93 4runner loses oil pressure then shuts off after about 15 minutes of driving. Can't figure out why any help is greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
12,793 Posts
Hi there, and welcome to TN! I moved your thread to the appropriate Forerunner forum where you’ll be more likely to get some help.

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
1,761 Posts
My 93 4runner loses oil pressure then shuts off after about 15 minutes of driving. Can't figure out why any help is greatly appreciated
Read other complaints like yours. Common response was a bad fuel pump or fuel filter. this would starve the engine of fuel, rpm's drop then oil pressure does due to fewer rpms and then the vehicle quits running.
Not sure on your 4runner but some engnes have pressure sensors and if oil pressure drops the ECM goes into a fail safe protection mode by shutting things down.
Which engine?

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
13,575 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :)

How many miles on the vehicle? Are there any aftermarket modifications installed? Has this vehicle been in an accident before? Does the oil light come on before the engine shuts down? ;)

Have you checked the oil level to make sure it's at the correct level? When was the last time there was an oil change? What oil weight are you running with? Do you know if the engine is sludged up? It's possible the oil pick up or oil filter is clogged and isn't allowing any significant oil to be circulated. ;)

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
1,761 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :)

How many miles on the vehicle? Are there any aftermarket modifications installed? Has this vehicle been in an accident before? ;)

Have you checked the oil level to make sure it's at the correct level? When was the last time there was an oil change? What oil weight are you running with? Do you know if the engine is sludged up? It's possible the oil pick up or oil filter is clogged and isn't allowing any significant oil to be circulated. ;)
BZP.. I should cut and paste your opening questions and save them! That way we'd get a jump on things LOL..Almost forgot we need to add "any pics":wink:

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
13,575 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts