Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on hooking up an Amp in the trunk of my 05 corolla. Can anyone give me suggestions on where to run or tap into for the power and remote wire (goes on/off with ignition)? Preferably close. That would be great thanks. :D

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
Get power from the battery and there should be a remote switch wire on the deck to get it from. If not then use the antenna switch.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay now how do I get the power wire running from the battery to the inside of the car?? that's a tricky one.. any suggestions for the 05 corollas? Let me know thanks.

·
I get angry when Im sober
1,858 Posts
might have to drill if there arent any factory grommets to use (probably are some though)

DO NOT use the antenna switch if you're using the factory CD player especially.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ooookay, I got everything hooked up.. amp working, line out converter hooked up to the factory stereo, sub connected to the amp.. I turned on the car to test it out and ...... the sub doesn't work??? the amp is on and nothing is coming out of the sub?? could it be the line out converter? it's tapped in to the rear speakers. tried turning the "signal" knob and still nothing?? CAN ANYONE HELP ME!! PLEAASE!!!!

·
New Corolla Owner
06 Corolla S
21 Posts
where did you run your amp power wire thru?? i ran mines trough the driver door but if you found a plugged hole thru the inside let me know

1 - 7 of 7 Posts