Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
92 SR5 4X4 GEORGIA
92 SR5 4X4 red
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone
My son just blew the enginein the 92 SR5 4X4. How can I tell what engines will fit in this truck? It has a V-6 3.0 now. What is the going price for one of these? Is is better to just buy a rebuilt one?

·
Registered
1993 Toyota Pickup
22 Posts
I don't know if you'd want to go smaller, but I have a 22r-e with a little over 150K miles on it that I'll sell for $500...

·
Helium-3 is the answer
668 Posts
They're tough to find, and expensive when you can. You can easily pay $1000-$1200 from a yard.

If it's not torn up too bad, I'd rebuild. www.engnbldr.com has the kit for @ $400 shipped, plus whatever machine/labor costs you run into. Check around your area; some machine shops will do the complete rebuild for less than you might think. But for your money, you get a rebuilt motor, not a used question mark. Shop around, but have your BS detector on full power.

A rebuilt 3VZE will run you $1800-$2400 depending where you go, plus you need to give them your old engine back. You can sell that engine broken for $200-$300, as long as it can be rebuilt.

Swapping in a 22RE would be a fiasco, unless you happen to have a bunch of 22r drive train components lying around. Besides, no father who claims to love his son would consider this swap anyways...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts