Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where I can get an ISC valve for a decent price (Toyota wants my first born). I need to replace as my idle speed will not go below 1250. Did all the tests and found that it didn't meet the resistance vlaues speicifed in the manual. Removed it and did a bench test as well and wathced the valve movement with battery power applied (doesn't fully close - not sure if its supposed to but it may be part of the problem).

Oh yeah, its not something that can be solved with the idle screw adjustment either (with connector terminals shorted out).

Anyone help where to get one. Thanks.

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
Clean it up real good and put it back to try again. Reset ECU also. What's the part no. on the thing? I got a few at home. You can also try junkyard. Any Camry, Celica with 5S-FE got one. Don't remember if the 3S-FE got one too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pineapple. Actually I did get some parts before and Toyota mentioned that the Camry had the same engine. Is it the same engine throughout such as the intake plumbing, fuel injection system, etc.. Thanks.

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
There are different gen engine. Even same gen will have different parts due to manf place and time. Parts from same gen are interchangable. Different gen is questionable.
For all 1994 and before parts, do a internet search for Toyota EPC. Its th dealer part program on CD image. You can check and xref part number on different model and year.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I found the info and installed but the installation died when it got to the point of copying the data from the 2 discs. I don't know what the problem is but maybe it is because I am running Win XP. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
You got more then 2G free on your HD :D
Its an old program. So make copies of some big file to fill up the HD so you get less then 2G left.
Partition Magic may make it easier, just reduce partition size.
You can get the free space back after install. It only check it when installing.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're probably right. I read something about it wanting a smaller drive to install. I'll try and see if I can do it (I have 2 hard drives and both are 150G - Yikes!!!). Let you know if it works. Thanks.

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
I RAID 2 160G together :p:
Try to find a copy of Partition Magic. Reduce partition size to have 1G free, install, resize it back again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts