·
Toyota Sales Consultant
CamrySE-CelicGTS-DSM
101 Posts

·
Registered
08 Avalon
61 Posts
if will b a lot of work retro fitting projectors into the avalon headlights as it seems no one has done it
if u want hid, u can try the plug and play kits.
as the US models comes with D2R. so the housing should be designed for use with HID's
i know for mine even though i don't get projector kind of cut off
but compared to other reflector housings, the hid lights coming out of my housing is well contained and not scattered all over the place.
checked and seems fine with pnp kits with non direct glare that you get from the euro cars

·
Toyota Sales Consultant
CamrySE-CelicGTS-DSM
101 Posts
The XL and XLS headlight housings (hologen) are completely different than the Limited (HID) headlight housings.
A plug and play HID kit will still have glare issues.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks!!!

I bid on the complete kit.

I was quoted 250$ to install tsx projectors in my existing headlamps. Guy would cut them, put them in, etc. I have seen his work, its ok, but I do not like having caulking and tape on my headlamps because they will eventually leak + I am destroying a perfectly good pair of oem headlamps. Was a last resort.

I have an 06 XLS, in Canada we do not have the XL or limited models, just the XLS.

If I had pickedup a used es330, it would have come with HIDs, and even if not, its not a problem finding aftermarket camry projector headlamps for it. Not much aftermarket for the avalon.

again thanks again!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.