Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Toyota Camry 1992
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I recently bought a new head unit for my car, I've pulled the old one out but none of the wires are marked and I've had a look in my manual but had no luck finding a wiring diagram. Would I be able to find one in a service manual? I've found some online but they are US diagrams which seem to differ.

If anyone can help me out in any way please do!

Pat

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
if it's different from the NA spec toyotas, then you're better off just figuring out the wires for yourself

use a multimeter to find the constant, turn your key to on and use your multimeter to find the power, and then use a battery to find out which wires are for which speakers...when you put the negative and positive to a battery's negative and positive, it will make sound so you can tell which speaker it's coming from

then the rest of the wires, basically bunch together for the antenna- or at least that's what is needed to make the gen3 power antennas go up

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
There's also one for illumination which will have power when the lights are on

To test polarity of the speaker wires, get a 1.5 V battery, When the positive pole is connected to the positive lead on the speaker, and the negative pole connected to the negative lead, the cone should move outwards.

·
Grenaded piston
6,531 Posts
How many threads you gunna start asking about a wiring diagram?

This is your 4th thread on the same topic. :rolleyes: :slap:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts