Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this happend b4 i drove the car.

and i need some input on what i can do. can i paint just the area once its fixed or do i have to paint the whole car to color match with the fading etc?

also if u see those whitish streaks running vertically, those come off with water but reappear immediately once theyve dried. how do i get rid of them. on my roof it looks like somsone splatterd whatever it is on the car and it runs down the side. any ideas on how to remove it?

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice. any advice on what the white-ish streaks are that come back always. almost like waterspots but they're permanent it seems. ill take better pic tomorrow.

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Okay listen, you can do this yourself if you have the time. It should cost you around 50-60 bux. Sand the area down and apply bondo. Sand the bondo in the shape you want by sanding. the prime. Then sand again with 600 grit paper. Then paint. sand again with 800 grit. Then give it 1 more coat. And clear coat the sucker. ONLY 1 coat though so it can match witht he rest of the car. You should be fine after that.

The materials you will need:
1.bondo
2.Primer
3.paint
4.Clear coat
5. Sand paper 400/600/800 grit.

If anyoen else got a different way or sees errors in the way I use, please feel free to correct me.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Gridlyne said:
Okay listen, you can do this yourself if you have the time. It should cost you around 50-60 bux. Sand the area down and apply bondo. Sand the bondo in the shape you want by sanding. the prime. Then sand again with 600 grit paper. Then paint. sand again with 800 grit. Then give it 1 more coat. And clear coat the sucker. ONLY 1 coat though so it can match witht he rest of the car. You should be fine after that.

The materials you will need:
1.bondo
2.Primer
3.paint
4.Clear coat
5. Sand paper 400/600/800 grit.

If anyoen else got a different way or sees errors in the way I use, please feel free to correct me.
sound right but if he doesnt have the tools he will have to go to a body shop or have a friend that can do it,i think he could get it done for 300 usd

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
body shop can do and paint it for me for $250. so i'll probly just take it in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts