Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arg! My ex-wife wrecked my baby, a mechanically nearly perfect '78 Cressida. And I can't seem to find body parts anywhere, at any price.

To make a long story short, here's what I need. If anyone knows of a junkyard anywhere that might have them, has a parts car they'd be willing to part with, or has any of these parts, I'd be greatly in your debt.

Without further ado, I need:

* Front bumper assembly (I need at least one bumper bracket/shock--but I suspect I need both.)
* Grille
* Whatever the chromed plastic around the driver's side headlight is called.
* The valance under the bumper.
* The front fascia
* The driver's side front fender
* The front driver's side door
* Rear driver's side door
* Bumper end cap (driver's side.)

If you have or know where I can get any of these parts, please drop me a line. Or any suggestions would be welcome.

Alternatively, if you need an engine and a tranny for your wonderful Cressida body, I might be willing to part with my baby if I can't find the parts.

Thanks!

Patrick Narkinsky
Louisa, VA
[email protected]

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a cherry 78 Cressida wagon in dire need of a tranny. Wish you were closer as I live in Florida. Keep me in mind as you search for parts as they are becoming unobtainium. Or, if I can't buy your car, MAYBE I would sell mine. To put in a newly rebuilt box will run me $2,500 + AARrrrgh! D. Friend DeLand, Florida [email protected]

·
RA28 + MX73
RA28, MX73
1,205 Posts
Dan,

Do you have a manual or auto gearbox?

The '78 Cressida uses the same W40 (4 speed manual) and A40D (4 speed auto) gearboxes as the Crown, Celica, Supra and Pickup.
The bellhousing differs between the 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder models but the actual gearbox is common.
Also, the gearstick location differs a little for the manual boxes but you can always use that bit from the old box.

- Stepho

·
Registered
8 Posts
I might get by with a used transmission, but it might also be a false economy. I've swapped trannys and put in clutches many times, but I'm getting too damn old for this under the car stuff. Newly rebuilt ones are out there for about $1500 in several USA places, but I still have to pay someone to do the swap. But, the car is garaged, and I am in no hurry. D. Friend

·
Registered
10 Posts
Arg! My ex-wife wrecked my baby, a mechanically nearly perfect '78 Cressida. And I can't seem to find body parts anywhere, at any price.

To make a long story short, here's what I need. If anyone knows of a junkyard anywhere that might have them, has a parts car they'd be willing to part with, or has any of these parts, I'd be greatly in your debt.

Without further ado, I need:

* Front bumper assembly (I need at least one bumper bracket/shock--but I suspect I need both.)
* Grille
* Whatever the chromed plastic around the driver's side headlight is called.
* The valance under the bumper.
* The front fascia
* The driver's side front fender
* The front driver's side door
* Rear driver's side door
* Bumper end cap (driver's side.)

If you have or know where I can get any of these bmw parts, please drop me a line. Or any suggestions would be welcome.

Alternatively, if you need an engine and a tranny for your wonderful Cressida body, I might be willing to part with my baby if I can't find the parts.

Thanks!

Patrick Narkinsky
Louisa, VA
I am also into buying gearboxes. Do you have any links for some albums or pictures? Let us show some pictures. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts