Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2019 HL XLE
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got this Avalon I was able to add a new key and one remote but not a second remote. I suspect it may have had the limit of remotes programmed ( I heard 5) over the years. Now the one remote doesn't work. Can Techstream be used to remove old remotes (not keys) and program new remotes? Any how-to's? I haven't found anything other than the cars with the combo of key and remote. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
It might be able to but I really don't know because as far as I know your car proceeded TechStream. I don't know when TechStream was implemented so I could be wrong, I just know TechStream will work best with CANBUS vehicles which is after 2007.

·
Registered
47 Posts
When I got this Avalon I was able to add a new key and one remote but not a second remote. I suspect it may have had the limit of remotes programmed ( I heard 5) over the years. Now the one remote doesn't work. Can Techstream be used to remove old remotes (not keys) and program new remotes? Any how-to's? I haven't found anything other than the cars with the combo of key and remote. Thanks.
I bought a set of remotes for my 2000 Avalon XLS off Amazon, 2 remotes and instructions for programming for 20 bucks. I’m trying to find to locate them, I know you could clear all the old remotes and add new remotes, or just add remotes if there was enough space left to add additional 2 remotes. The only problem I had was the red panic button would get stuck when I opened the trunk. I had to hog out the hole in the red panic button, used a dremmel and opened up the hole on the red button to prevent unwanted panic alarm. I was successful in programming all my remotes, I did clear the old remotes initially, I like knowing only mine will work. No scan tool was necessary, It was all accomplished with the instructions included with the remotes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts