Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I crashed my Camry the metal part that is right behind the headlight got mashed down. I'm trying to save money and not take it for bodyworks and this is the only thing that's giving me trouble. I was wondering if I cut that off will it affect anything on the car? Just the part behind the headlight to just b4 the radiator.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll have pics up soon cause i don't have my digi cam right now.

·
Carzz R Xpensive!!111
1,223 Posts
i had the same problem when i crashed my camry, and i think i know the exact thing that you're talking about....and i think the best thing for you to do is to take it to a frame shop, mine had to be put on a frame pull..

but if it isnt damaged too bad then the next the next thing to do would be to bang it out yourself with a big hammer, but if you do this then you gotta be careful not to break anytihng!!

btw mine cost $150 at the frame shop.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine isn't damaged all that bad it's just pushed down. I tried banging it with a hammer but it seemed to move nowhere. At a body shop they are charging me $125 usd to fix it. I have to take it to a body shop since we have no frame pulling shops here.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
you might be able to tie a rope to it and tie the rope to a tree and put the car in reverse till it gets straight. i've done it a couple of times and results were great.just make sure to have a spotter;)

·
Not so Noob now!
561 Posts
I've used the jack to straighten out body/frame parts before. If you use a 2x4 to distribute the pressure on the side you don't want to shift, that helps.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Holy shit. Your camry proj is really going in the toilet. :thumbdown

Why don't you use that suggestion i offered earlier. TAke off all your aftermarket stuff and buy another same gen camry. Then you can sell that one and put your mods on the "new" one which would still make you have the most modded cam in belize.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts