Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone first time posting and new to the Forum

My 2010 corolla won’t go into park and low gear if I try moving the shifter to it
When in drive it goes threw all the gears but when I trying to go into park it won’t if I force the shifter into the p spot my dash indicator says it’s still in reverse
I need to turn it on and off in neutral
The key comes out only after I turn it off and force the shifter into the park spot. I need to put the E break that way my car dosnt roll away
Also even when the car is off and i put it in reverse I’m able to push it forward
Someone know what might be wrong
Transmission shifts smoothly with out a problem

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
7,425 Posts
Check your park neutral switch for damage to the connector. It's a good idea to check the shifter cable end on the transmission for damage to the rubber insert on the cable.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Did you remove the cable at the transmission end and ensure it moves freely when you try and shift it? Check where the shift arm attaches to the transmission to see if the arm is moving on the shaft.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I have my car off the ground and I noticed that if I spin one of my front wheels my other one dosnt spin
Are they suppose to do that
dosnt one spin the opposite way if its moving one direction

·
Registered
05 Tundra 09 Corolla
29 Posts
Ok I have my car off the ground and I noticed that if I spin one of my front wheels my other one dosnt spin
Are they suppose to do that
dosnt one spin the opposite way if its moving one direction
What was the out come of this. My 2009 Corolla is doing the same thing.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
7,425 Posts
Open diff

·
Registered
05 Tundra 09 Corolla
29 Posts
Open diff? Doesn’t make sense. Was hoping Miguel would respond. Was wondering the the out come of the not going into park.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
7,425 Posts
This is an old thread. Not sure it they are active.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What was the out come of this. My 2009 Corolla is doing the same thing.
For me I needed a new transmission
But that’s because I kept driving it and it gave out on me
shop found metal in the transmission fluid
Take it to the shop and see if they can still save it

·
Registered
175 Posts
I heard that its important to use the parking lever not to brake the park gear "stopper" Its in there not to hold the car in place but as last resort if all else fail. I know that over 95% of drivers dont use the parking break because I mostly always see their car rocking back and forth after they park it,

Now even my wife uses the park brake, because I insisted enough (it all her cars anyway, so its still her choice!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts