Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
SR86
85 Corolla GT-S AE86
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all. Not too long ago, with no reason whatsoever, my car began emitting a high-pitched squeal when I made a left turn and when I braked. It seems to be coming from the front, passenger side tire area. Its consistent and squeals even without brake pressure. Usually it starts after making a left turn, and would stop while I was making a right turn, but would come back when going back straight?

I don't think its the brakes since sometimes the problem starts when I make a left turn. Also since braking doesn't change the pattern of the noise. But who knows?!? Its driving me crazy. Possibly a belt? Any suggestions, similiar experiences welcome.

EDIT: I just thought about it. The squealing disappears once I'm at a complete stop even though the car is still idling. So maybe belt is not the issue? Also the squealing gets higher pitched at higher speeds.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Sounds like your calipers are going.. I know cuz my rear ones went last year, now the fronts are doing the squeek squeek too.. I got at least another 6-8 months before mine go.. learning from previous experiences I guess.. hehe. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts