Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm in a big hurry here, I replaced my O2 sensor today and the nuts broke off, I have to get some new ones from lowes and I need to know the size to get. Gotta go to lowes, get back and finish the job by 4:30 Eastern time which is about an hour and a half away.

·
Registered
1997 Toyota T100
1,939 Posts
Just bring the nuts with you to Lowe's. They can match them for you there. Good luck! :thumbsup:

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,675 Posts
I think they are M8-1.25 or M8-1.0...not exactly sure.

Make sure you report back and let us know what size they are. ;)

The other choice is to git them from the dealership... :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up just matching them up at my buddies machine shop, didn't happen to check for definite size though. Still having the hard starting problem but I haven't cleared the codes yet.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,675 Posts
I confirmed that the nut size is M8-1.25. Same as the bolt thread size fer the battery tie down bolt on the radiator support. ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Bam, how can I clear these codes without a scanner? I know on OBD I vehicles you can remove the battery cable for a few minutes, same deal here?

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,675 Posts
Thanks Bam, how can I clear these codes without a scanner? I know on OBD I vehicles you can remove the battery cable for a few minutes, same deal here?
In the cab fuse panel, pull the fuse fer ECU-B fer a minute or so. That should take care of it. ;)

You can still pull the negative battery post fer a minute or so but you'll end up fixing the clock...the radio stations. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts