Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah i have a 92 camry v6. i installed a kenwood head unit but one problem s i cant seem to figure out which wire goes where my lights dont work in my car and the clock wont come on helllpp asap!:( :( :( :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
Highlander
1,600 Posts
Hooking up a radio has nothing to do with your problems unless you shorted something out. Did you use a harness adapter? Check the fuses to the headlights and clock.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thing is i didnt hook up anything i strip the wires so they are not connected i just dont know wherre to start cause i dont know the color codes but i dunno bout the clock and the lights in the roof

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
you strip the wire from your cars wires? GET A HARNESS ADAPTER!

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
some people are too cheep to spend the 15busk for the wiring harness and instead will spend 500 on getting their car serviced :p:

·
Registered
Highlander
1,600 Posts
Alright people, he has learned from the mistake, let's try to help instead of flame. Assuming you don't have the premium system with OEM amp under the passenger seat.

Battery BLUE/YELLOW (+) RADIO HARNESS
Accesory GRAY (+) RADIO HARNESS
Ground BROWN (-) RADIO HARNESS
Illumination GREEN (+) RADIO HARNESS
Dimmer BLACK/GRAY (+) RADIO HARNESS
Power Antenna BLACK/RED (+) RADIO HARNESS
LF Speaker (+) PINK
LF Speaker (-) VIOLET
RF Speaker (+) LIGHT GREEN
RF Speaker (-) BLUE
LR Speaker (+) BLACK
LR Speaker (-) YELLOW
RR Speaker (+) RED
RR Speaker (-) WHITE

Again, check the fuse for the clock/domelight, since they should be on the same circuit.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks man thats all i asked these other guys tell you everything that you dont want to hear they just talk garbage thanks a ton

·
Lex ES330
42 Posts
premium system

If you have 6 speakers instead of the typical 4... or, if you look underneat the front passenger seat, you will see a unit measuring 6" to 8" x 6" with an aluminum casing. Chances are, it will say panasonic on it. IF you find this unit, then you have a preminum system.

If you have premium system - you have a choice here. You could either choose to use it - by sending the pre-amp out from your head unit to this amp and then feeding the speakers.... Or, you can connect the wires from the speakers directly to the head unit. If you do the latter, I don't know how you can feed the 6 speakers.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
Highlander
1,600 Posts
The 5th & 6th "speakers" (tweeters) are wired inline with the fronts through capacitors, so they will work either way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts