Toyota Nation Forum banner

Need Help Finding JDM Trueno Bumper!!!!

4427 Views 14 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  88SR5ON
I am currently trying to find a JDM AE92 Trueno front bumper to import, although my search has not been successful. Does ANYONE know where I could get a hold of one?!?!?!?
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Senior TN Member
Porsche
7,590 Posts
Anything can be made to fit with sufficient cutting & welding. In this case,

1. Most likely replacing bumper (crash-bar) and foam underneath with Trueno versions will work.

2. Or you can use the bumper-cover without foam or bumper underneath (not advised).

3. might be able to modify/shave the foam to allow it to fit.

· Registered
Corolla & Avensis
800 Posts
The AE92 sprinter Trueno bumpers are rare, but they are still out there. Just need to know where to find them.
Have you tried Yahoo Japan auctions?

I just searched for a few minutes and came up with this AE92 Sprinter Trueno Kouki bumper, complete with side indicators, Trueno badge and bumper brackets.
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/j424930622

The bumper itself isn't all that expensive, but be aware that shipping it from Japan will be. But if you are ready to pay the price, Japan is the place to look for them.
You can use companies like Nengun (www.nengun.com) to bid on the item for you and if you win it, they will ship it anywhere you want :wink:

In the case of this kouki bumper, you will need the additional combo lights as well, but those are out there as well.
This bumper will fit your GT-S without to much trouble after a little bit of modifications to the front chassis rails :smile:

· Registered
10 Posts
to make them fit there is a plate in the chassis rail which is spot welded in. drill out the spot welds, 12 per side i was told, remove the plate and the new bumper will bolt on, with the brackets that should come with it. i suggest you only buy a complete unit, right now theres one on yahoo auctions. expect to pay 500$ shipping plus a import tax in your country, does not include the parking lights but theres a set on ebay for 300$.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.