Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Toyotas, YEAH!!!
2005 Toyota Camry
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey.. i need some help installing the air intake. i got a weapon-r dragon intake and on the intake tube, its got two nozzles for two different tubes. the 15mm tube goes from the engine. i figured that one out. but where does the 10mm tube go? help please. :(

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
This thread should've started with you specifying your engine type. Yes, there is a difference.

·
Toyotas, YEAH!!!
2005 Toyota Camry
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hehe.. sorry about that, newbie mistake. it was 4 in the morning and i wasnt thinkin too much
but anyways.. its a 2005 camry LE, 4 cyl.

you can help me? thanks

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
Can you show me a picture of which tube you're talking about? It might just be a replacement of a vacuum line.

I used to have an Injen intake that utilized all of the stock hoses, but shouldn't be much different.

·
Toyotas, YEAH!!!
2005 Toyota Camry
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

since i didnt know what to do with the extra tube. i put a breather filter at the end of it.
so the tube im talkin about is the one connected to the yellow breather filter.

i have no idea where it goes. for the 4 cyl., theres only 1 stock hose that connects into
the intake. any thoughts? thanks.

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
Hmm... interesting.

In the place of there that hose is, on the Injen intake, there's a place to put the VSV (vacuum switch valve) into a little holder so that it just holds it there... I didn't have a hose there... not sure what to tell you about it.

Does the intake work fine with the breather filter there?

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,261 Posts
elbe127 said:

hmm.. can u see this?
maybe it was from the obd canister that only the 2002 had or something?

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
Camralon2343 said:
maybe it was from the obd canister that only the 2002 had or something?
Thats right!! The OBD canister!! Thats what was there!

Yeah, they got rid of the OBD canister starting with 2004.

·
Toyotas, YEAH!!!
2005 Toyota Camry
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cool. thanks a lot for both ur guys help. but as for the intake, it seems to be working fine
i really dont know what else to do with the extra tube. u think just leave the breather filter in
or just clog it up?

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
I think just leave the breather in. Thats what I would do. Just make sure to keep that filter clean and all is well.

As far as header, you're pretty much gonna have to go custom. Scion tC headers won't fit our cars.

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,261 Posts
white3ch0c0late said:
Thats right!! The OBD canister!! Thats what was there!

Yeah, they got rid of the OBD canister starting with 2004.
hey white, what was the purpose of the obd canister?

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
elbe127 said:
cool man. thanks.
hey you've got any pics of ur car? ur signature image looks hot
i wanna see wut else you've done to it. later
:)

Camralon2343 said:
hey white, what was the purpose of the obd canister?
I'll be honest with you, I'm not quite 100% on that... but from the way that its hooked up, I believe its mainly just another airflow sensor... that, or it was an extra little charcoal filter.

You can see the OBD canister there plugged into the hole in the intake... but you can't see very well in the pic where that vacuum line is going to. I'll take a look at it when I get a chance, probably tomorrow, and I'll let you know where that vacuum line runs and maybe we can figure it out.

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,261 Posts
white3ch0c0late said:
:)

I'll be honest with you, I'm not quite 100% on that... but from the way that its hooked up, I believe its mainly just another airflow sensor... that, or it was an extra little charcoal filter.

You can see the OBD canister there plugged into the hole in the intake... but you can't see very well in the pic where that vacuum line is going to. I'll take a look at it when I get a chance, probably tomorrow, and I'll let you know where that vacuum line runs and maybe we can figure it out.
sounds like a plan, i would try and figure it out, but i got an 05 so mine doesn't have one. Lol.

·
Toyotas, YEAH!!!
2005 Toyota Camry
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey guys. so i installed my air intake for the first few days. it ran fine on the first day, but now the check engine light comes on. anybody have any takes on what is the problem? does it have anything to do with tightening everything up? or the MAF sensor isnt put into correctly? help :confused:

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
It might be your MAF. Take out the MAF and check it and see if its good and clean. Then tighten it up nicely. Then disconnect the negative battery terminal for 15 minutes... reconnect, and start the car. If the CEL doesn't come back on, cool. If it does, then for that extra hose you had, take it out and just plug that hole with a rubber grommet of some kind instead of having the hose there. Then repeat the battery thing.

·
Toyotas, YEAH!!!
2005 Toyota Camry
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cool. i'll check on it. but it seems strange that it takes a couple of days for the CEL to come on.

btw, nice work on ur car. it looks hot! :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts