Toyota Nation Forum banner

Need Help!! Invader Hood Depends on this!!!

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  prnc_chrmng 
#1 ·
ok im workin put the invader hood on and iv already gotta past most of the problems...ill talk about those another time..but rite now i NEED to know how to adjust the hood gabber thing...its too low to grab on the hood....

#2 ·
Can't the lock move up? So that it can grab it. Or try getting a latch that goes down more so that it reaches the lock. Don't know if that is any help, but i tried.

#3 ·
you should be able to adjust the lock upd, down, sideways, etc.

and if the distance isn't quite right, you can try using spacers to push it out some more

#13 ·
luisitol said:
any more details as to what had to be done t omake everythign fit propoerly?
yeah, sorry i suppose other people we be doing this too :lol:

first i had to remove the "hooks" near the winsheild, that was the easy part.

now for the hard part: the hood latch had to be "adjusted" to grab the hook on the hood.

first i removed the hood latch from the bumper, its 3 screws, then i drilled them up and down to make them bigger. however the bottom one does not need to be drilled out. from there i cut the hole where the latch sticks out, i not sure if this is nessessary or not, i tried to do A LOT of things before i finally got it. what finally ended up working was putting the bottom screw on backwards and then puttin the latch back in place, this put the proper angle on the latch to grab the hood. and then replaced the two top screw. this may not be the safest way. and i will have to see what needs to be done inorder to make it safer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.