Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 camry with 200K miles on it the transmission died 2 weeks ago so I found one in Ohio that had 86K miles on it. The transmission came in on Friday so my dad and I put it in over the weekend everything went perfect no issues. Drove it for 150 miles and the only issue i had was the OD light was blinking it wasn't working but besides that it was flawless. Parked it over night woke up the next morning went to reverse out the driveway and the car started going forward, I put the car in neutral and it was still moving forward tried out all the gears and all it does is stay in the drive position. If you guys have any idea what it could be please let me know! Thanks. Matt

·
限界域への独&#
605 Posts
Check the shift cable. The adjustment procedure can be found in the Toyota or Haynes books, Chilton should have it but I don't use Chilton so I don't know.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the shift cable last night and tightend it up but still the same issue I also tried removing the EFI fuse and relay like the Haynes book said to reset the OD but no luck.

·
Registered
750 Posts
It sounds like the adjustment slipped on you. You probably started it in neutral and shifted it straight into drive and so on.
You'll have to do it again making sure that once the swivel is tight, that it isn't slipping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts