Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, trying to find out how to measure the correct vehicle ride height for a 2002 Camry LE I4. I have seen the diagrams and values on Toyotanation in the past but cant seem to locate the thread now that I am looking for it. I want to check to see if my rear springs are sagging. Thanks in advance!

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
There are a number of different ways to measure the ride height, but I find that one the easiest and more reliable ways to do it is to measure from the centre of your wheel to the lip of the fender. Just make sure you are on level ground. It also pays to have someone sitting in the driver's seat too, as this will give you a true representation of the ride height.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i remember saw somewhere they measure from the center cap to the fenders

There is a diagram out there that shows the measurement locations. It has something to do with measuring from the center of the wheel to the fender and also measuring from the control arm (for the back) or strut mounting point (for the front) to the ground. There is a simple calculation associated with this something like A+B-C=ride height. The diagram also gives a recommended range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts