Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone! i am new here and thus this is my first post.
I need help on building a 7age blacktop as the title says. i have done a lot of research on it but i cant seem to find any solid answers to a few questions of mine. so here goes:
1. Which timing belt, oil pump and tensioner combination should i use? i have read in a forum where the guy says its possilbe to fit 20v timing belt by reducing the size of the cam belt idler pulley by 4mm. and on some other forum it says the 1986 2.3 isuzu trooper timing belt can be used as porsche 944 timing belt is too long.
2. How to adjust the timing? i have found that re-indexing crank timing gear to retard timing by 10 crank degrees will solve the timing issues. is it true? does it work? the link is here: http://www.sv3power.com/?page_id=350
3. which piston and head gasket should i use? is it possible to use blacktop piston? i would like to increase displacement. so can the 7afe block can take 84mm piston? read it on some other forum that there is a lot of "meat" between the 7a bores than 4age bores.

so yea these are all my question. i know there are a lot of information about 7age BT over the internet. i have done as much research as possible but i couldn't find any solid answers to my questions.
TIA :)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I think you might be better off posting on club4ag, mr2oc.com on the aw11 section or twincam.org. Not sure if anyone here has done a 7age setup, and I know for sure no one that is on here frequently lately has a 7age setup. A person who has done this and was at the top of the ae92 world is Barry from mrp.ltd he had one of the most powerful 7age blacktop ae92, I know he is a busy man but you can try emailing him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts