Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove the 2000 MR2 Spyder today and loved it. Only problem is my dad and I want to be able to do general maintenance on it, and when we looked at the engine, we couldn't find the spark plugs. I'm trying to buy this car as soon as i can, but we need to know how hard it is to change the spark plugs, wires, radiater and heater hoses. Thanks!

·
sargdesigns
2,497 Posts
Radiator and heater hoses, somewhat involved since the motor is in the middle, and the radiator and hoses travel up to the front of the car. I think the spark plugs are under a wire cover located on top of the valve cover? I'm not sure though, sorry.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
For the spark plugs, they're real easy. Just haveto take off the engine cover being help on by 4 bolts.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Yea.... its the new style.... cover EVERYTHING in plastic. They should be right under that little shield.

·
'87 Mr2 Growler
1987 Mr2
48 Posts
the new mr2 blows. unless it has a nice wide body kit, I wonder who designs those gay body styles for toyota, they should fire that person. I still prefer mk1 (sc), mk2 (turbo) looks better.... and faster....:mad: :D

·
I do NOT exist ...
167 Posts
dude,
not for nothing ... you're entitled to your opinion, and i respect it and all (though I may disagree) :D ... but let the man have his moment.

JRocnMR2, i hope you enjoy your car when you get it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
GeRm0MR2 said:
the new mr2 blows. unless it has a nice wide body kit, I wonder who designs those gay body styles for toyota, they should fire that person. I still prefer mk1 (sc), mk2 (turbo) looks better.... and faster....:mad: :D

Hey, its not all bad, yes my MKI is faster in the straight line, but in pure corning...id have to say that the new one comes really, really close, which means that with the same level of modification as my mkI, itd blow my mkI away. Anyone out there who wants to see what i mean...try a test drive, its worth it.

I totally aggree about the "cover everything in plastic" I hate that about new cars. On my accord theres a cover over the engine itself, and this ugly piece of sheet metal over the headers...what happend to the days of it all being out there (i think they went away somewhere around '96)

·
'87 Mr2 Growler
1987 Mr2
48 Posts
I think that they are making it harder for people to work in their cars because of all the plastic going on and all that. Maybe they want you to take it to a dealer and spend money just because it has some delicate plastic cover over the manifold, or cam head covers of the engine. Or maybe it's there for safety...who knows...:disappoin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts