Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a bad move and busted out my back glass window out of my 89 yota to include messing up the frame it cannot be reused. Does anyone know were a tutorial would be that could show me how to replace it? I got anther one out of the junk yard and am wonderinf how to install the new one. It looks like I have the thick gasket.

Please help if you can.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I don't have a walk through but I removed the one in my 1984 and it was a piece of cake. I just used two screwdrivers and popped it right out. It was just pressed into the cab.
I am assuming you can press it back in the same way. You may want to get someone to help you so you can work it from inside and out without dropping it.

·
www.bodybuilding.com
254 Posts
Thats how I put mine into my 91 also :) Just work it into the fitting bit by bit

·
Banned
'95 Toyota 4x4 xcab
1,110 Posts
use lot's of soapy water or wd40 and just work around the edge and it will go right back in.

·
Registered
Toyota Hilux pickup
19 Posts
TennMule said:
Made a bad move and busted out my back glass window out of my 89 yota to include messing up the frame it cannot be reused. Does anyone know were a tutorial would be that could show me how to replace it? I got anther one out of the junk yard and am wonderinf how to install the new one. It looks like I have the thick gasket.

Please help if you can.
The best way of fitting a windscreen, front or rear without causing damage to the rubber seal is first fit the seal to the vehicle run some soap (washing up liquid is ideal) into the rubber where the glass fits in. Then take a length ot cord or string/rope about 1/2 the thickness of your glass place this into the space where the glass goes in leaving both ends accessible in the centre at the bottom. Push the glass in at the bottom and push it against the opening. Pull out the cord/string slowly from one side. this lifts the rubber away and lets the glass slip into place without the fear of metal screwdrivers ripping your rubber seal or cracking your glass. Wingy

·
Canwe fixit? YES we can.
41 Posts
It sure helps to have someone outside managing the window while you're inside on the strings. Otherwise, I wouldn't add anything to what Wingy said.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I just talked to my buddy the glass installer last night and he described the install just like Wingy described. He said it's like a ten minute job.

Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts