Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Corolla Ce
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into buying a set of wheels that are 17x8.5 et 30. Im not too familiar with offset and whatnot so my question is will it cause me any issues when mounting them on my car? I also dont want to have to use spacers. And what size tires should I get?

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Corolla or Matrix? either way, this may be too wide of a setup, 8.5 inch may cause some rubbing, 8" would probably cause less issues, you would probably need to run a 205/50-17 tire which will have some stretch on the car.

·
Registered
05 Corolla XRS
120 Posts
Corolla or Matrix? either way, this may be too wide of a setup, 8.5 inch may cause some rubbing, 8" would probably cause less issues, you would probably need to run a 205/50-17 tire which will have some stretch on the car.
205? I'm currently running 17x7 with 215/45-17 but I was looking for tires for my new set of 17x8 and a lot of people were steering me away saying I'll get some massive stretch if I ran 215 on my new rims. They recommend me bump up to at least a 225 or 235 to be a lot safer, I ended up getting 225 but I have yet to mount them on the rims.

I'm just confused because if 215 is going to cause stretching, wouldn't 205 cause even more massive stretching?

·
Registered
2006 Corolla XRS
588 Posts
I have 17x8 +35 wheels with a 204/40/17 tire. Lowered about 4 inches, fenders not rolled or pulled, fender splash guards still in. Massive stretch with a 215 on a 17x8? LOL no, I have a decent stretch with 205's on 17x8...massive? NO

...I rub

·
Registered
05 Corolla XRS
120 Posts
I have 17x8 +35 wheels with a 204/40/17 tire. Lowered about 4 inches, fenders not rolled or pulled, fender splash guards still in. Massive stretch with a 215 on a 17x8? LOL no, I have a decent stretch with 205's on 17x8...massive? NO

...I rub
People keep throwing around different numbers lol. When I thought I figured it out, I didn't.

So I'm better off just swapping out rims with my tires then. What is your preference of 225 on 8in? If I'm better off just re-using my tires, I rather return the new tires and invest that money into a Injen CAI or fuel pump.

·
Registered
2006 Corolla XRS
588 Posts
People keep throwing around different numbers lol. When I thought I figured it out, I didn't.

So I'm better off just swapping out rims with my tires then. What is your preference of 225 on 8in? If I'm better off just re-using my tires, I rather return the new tires and invest that money into a Injen CAI or fuel pump.
Personally, since I'm so low, 225 size tires won't work for my setup. If I raise it up a bit it would, but I'm not gonna do that :nerd:

Should be fine running your old tires

·
Registered
05 Corolla XRS
120 Posts
Personally, since I'm so low, 225 size tires won't work for my setup. If I raise it up a bit it would, but I'm not gonna do that :nerd:

Should be fine running your old tires
My car is sitting at stock, although I want to go lower now is probably not the time. That settles it, returning my tires and getting me money back.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
I said 205s because of the width and offset you're looking at... 30mm offset and the extra half inch width would bring you closer to the fenders... 215s would probably rub.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts