Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Scion tC
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a 93 camry and the system is a pioneer. There are audio cable in the back of the system and i wired em to my iPod but when i turn on my iPod, sound barely comes out, and you can only hear that sound when the radio is on with the system volume all the way down and the iPod sound all the way up. Did I do something wrong? This is frustrating so can someone help a rookie? lol :)

·
Registered
Highlander
1,545 Posts
You need to get a P-bus-to-AUX (RCA) adapter in order to plug in your iPod to work. Then you can source through to activate it.

·
F'ing 3sgte swap ARGH!!!!
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
erm, u can try considering the radio thingy made by belkin, bascially, u plug it into ur ipod, and u will be able to recieve the music on ur regular fm radio. the thingy broadcast the music on the fm frequency and dun worry, only ur car will be able to recieve it.

·
A Poor College Student
1994 Camry Sedan LE
354 Posts
I've done this on my car with the auxiliary input adaptor and a 4-year-old Pioneer. If you go for an FM adaptor, remember: the sound quality will be horrible.

*edit*

If you've got a CD changer you want to keep, you'll want the CDR-B20, which allows you to select either the changer or an auxiliary source. The CDR-B10 will allow you to hook up just the ipod, but no other source at the same time. Also, be sure to enable the selection of the "aux" source from the menu.

·
Registered
Scion tC
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there is no aux source on my pioneer. its either CD, radio or off. And very little sound comes out only when its on radio and the volume is all the way down on the system. I probably should jus get a new system all together, huh? i mean, its prob been in there since 1993.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I am sure you have an AUX source on your headunit. U just need to turn it on. My I had to go through the menu of my headunit (while it was off) to find the option to turn the AUX option on. Look at your manual (see pioneerusa.com) and see how to do it.

·
deviate from the absolute
92 toyota camry
4,910 Posts
IP bus cable adaptor for your headunit is what you need, any stereo shop with a damn will know what you need

·
Registered
Scion tC
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I appreciate the input guys but to give a 6 month update, my 93 camry died and so I had to donate it (which I will be getting back at least a grand in my tax return :lol:). But then I went out and bought a Scion tC :D so now I'm all about that!

·
Unrecognized
94 Toyota Camry
212 Posts
heh... i bet that gets tagged for sig violations. Does the tC like your Ipod?

·
Registered
Scion tC
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually sold my iPod to start funding for my GReddy turbo kit! :D So I won't know until I decide to get a mini later on this year...after the turbo kit of course.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts