Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i got a 09 corolla S. not sure if i have the 1.8 or 2.4 took it in for an oil change guy said i had the 2.4 litre , either way What can i do to make this car even close to fast.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,210 Posts
Hey i got a 09 corolla S. not sure if i have the 1.8 or 2.4 took it in for an oil change guy said i had the 2.4 litre , either way What can i do to make this car even close to fast.
First of all, :welcome: to TN.

If you have an S than you have the 1.8L engine.

Hard to make the Corolla "fast" unless you do a custom turbo & spend big money. You can make it more responsive & much more fun to drive my adding a Pivot 3-Drive Throttle Controller. :thumbsup: Many of us have added this mod & love the results. The car "feels" so much quicker with it. Do you have a manual 5-speed? That will also feel more responsive than the 4-speed automatic.

Take some time & do some searches for various items such as:

Borla or Magnaflow exhaust
TRD springs, FSB, RSB
Ultra Racing Suspension PArts
SRI or CAI Intakes

You will get many ideas by looking through different threads. We all have different tastes so start there and get some ideas & follow up with more questions. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i mean, i know i should have the 1.8 but the guy who worked on it a few times said i had a 2.4 i did buy it used, .. so i have no idea , I have an Automatic . and i dont know how to tell the difference, lol .. but they dont make a aftermarket Turbo or Intake for this car do they?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First of all, :welcome: to TN.

If you have an S than you have the 1.8L engine.

Hard to make the Corolla "fast" unless you do a custom turbo & spend big money. You can make it more responsive & much more fun to drive my adding a Pivot 3-Drive Throttle Controller. :thumbsup: Many of us have added this mod & love the results. The car "feels" so much quicker with it. Do you have a manual 5-speed? That will also feel more responsive than the 4-speed automatic.

Take some time & do some searches for various items such as:

Borla or Magnaflow exhaust
TRD springs, FSB, RSB
Ultra Racing Suspension PArts
SRI or CAI Intakes

You will get many ideas by looking through different threads. We all have different tastes so start there and get some ideas & follow up with more questions. ;)

Where would i find this throttle controller?

·
Registered
2009 Corolla S
1,384 Posts
Well i mean, i know i should have the 1.8 but the guy who worked on it a few times said i had a 2.4 i did buy it used, .. so i have no idea , I have an Automatic . and i dont know how to tell the difference, lol .. but they dont make a aftermarket Turbo or Intake for this car do they?
If you have the S, then you have the 1.8L engine. There is one easy way to tell, open your hood and compare the look of the engine. There aren't any bolt on kit for turbo yet, but there are whole bunch of intake and performance parts out there in the market for the 10th gen corolla. Just read the sticky thread on parts list on the forum.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,210 Posts
The S has the 1.8L so the guy that looked at your car is clueless. :facepalm: You can tell by looking at the exhaust. On the 1.8L the exhaust manifold is on the back side of the engine where the 2.4L has it on the front side. Your manual also has pics that show the difference.

They don't make an aftermarket turbo.....yet. Intake......several brands are available like K&N, Injen, Takeda, Weapon R among others. Like I said before, do some searching in the forum. :thumbsup:

Where would i find this throttle controller?
Direct from Pivot or on eBay. ;)

·
The Corolla That Could
09 Corolla S
366 Posts
Only in jersey do we get stupid mechanics that dont know what they r looking at.:headbang: . This is what im surrounded by.

Its def a 1.8L
No, stupid mechanics are definetly not limited to Jersey. There are tons of them here, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts