Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Video link below which shows the issue happening

I removed the interior door panel to fix something, reconnected all the plugs when I reinstalled it and now the door actuator flickers quickly every time the electronics try to lock the door either from the interior button or the key fob. The door never actually locks after it flickers, the only way to lock the door is to use the key from outside the car. I remember I had similar work done at the dealership years ago on the same car. When they returned the car to me, this exact thing happened. I brought it back to the dealer, and they said something like "oh they forgot to do xyz," I want to say the fix was a reset of some kind or a relay, but I can't figure it out for the life of me, and can't find anything online.

How the hell do I fix this??

·
Registered
09 HL LTD 2WD
271 Posts
Video link below which shows the issue happening

I removed the interior door panel to fix something, reconnected all the plugs when I reinstalled it and now the door actuator flickers quickly every time the electronics try to lock the door either from the interior button or the key fob. The door never actually locks after it flickers, the only way to lock the door is to use the key from outside the car. I remember I had similar work done at the dealership years ago on the same car. When they returned the car to me, this exact thing happened. I brought it back to the dealer, and they said something like "oh they forgot to do xyz," I want to say the fix was a reset of some kind or a relay, but I can't figure it out for the life of me, and can't find anything online.

How the hell do I fix this??

I don't have the solution to this, but my lock did the same thing. Somehow the guys at the car wash did something that caused my lock to do that. The dealer said I needed a new door lock. They did the job for $650!! Based on your story, I feel that I was POSSIBLY screwed on this one. I'll be interested to see what you find. Hope it doesn't cost you anything.

·
Registered
2011HL
1,490 Posts
It is "sort of" the same thing that happens if you try to lock the car while the key is in the ignition.. perhaps, there is some connection to your issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts