Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to get a used 98 black camry LE(4 cylinder)...I want to work on it a little bit, but I really don't know much about this stuff...I tried reading thru what you guys have done, but you're all way ahead of me- I can barely understand half the stuff you guys discuss...I just need some guidance on some basics....for now, I'm just interested in exterior improvements- its really just the front of the car that bothers me...I want it to look more boxy...from the kits I've seen online, the EVO 4 seems to do this the best...any others I should look at?...and how much should I be looking to spend on the whole process?...I'd really appreciate any help you guys can give me...thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx guys...i saw the evo 4 on ebay for around 400+180(shipping)...any idea how much it would cost to get it installed and painted?

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
About 300+ to get it installed and painted. I think my approximation is low though.

But i'd say get springs/struts first. It will make your car handle better and when you get a kit after it will look much better. It'll sit much lower and look wayyyyyyyy better. Same thing if you got rims after springs/struts.

·
Registered
678 Posts
better get 18" rims for your car or your car will be really low to the ground. That kit is huge:)

·
97 BlackWidowed
camry
626 Posts
CamNub said:
About 300+ to get it installed and painted. I think my approximation is low though.

But i'd say get springs/struts first. It will make your car handle better and when you get a kit after it will look much better. It'll sit much lower and look wayyyyyyyy better. Same thing if you got rims after springs/struts.
yeah 300 fitted aand painted is way low... shops in CT want 250 just to paint 1 bumper

·
Registered
678 Posts
I paid 900 for everything, fitted and painted. If you have tools and know how to work with fiberglass, you can fit it by yourself.

·
Mr. Toyota
140 Posts
If you're going to do the fitment yourself, as a novice (like me), expect to spend alot of time & you'll need a helper or 3. It's do able though. I have the better part of 4 days work done on mine, and the front and sides are starting to look pretty good. However I will probably spend two weekends on the backend as it's pretty bad :(.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea man...that is the exact picture that got me into the idea in the first place...it would look sick in black...but the whole thing seems like it will cost more than I had imagined so I cant say anything for sure yet....and the lowness was another thing I was worried about- I definitely cant afford rims if I get the body kit- what you guys think about just lowering the car and putting rims on it instead?....I wish there was something minor you could do to the stock front bumper to make it more boxy...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
one more thing- if i got the kit, i would have to get it professionally installed for sure...itzsteven- the car is actually in mansfield, ohio(my parents house)...where did you get yours done?...you think they would cut me a good price since they've already worked on a camry?

·
Registered
678 Posts
sks is a good garage I can trust. They will cost u around $1200 to put it on and painted.
or rifle auto body shop. They will cost u $1200. My friend can hook up at rifle. He's working there, and he can put it on for u around $400, and you can find a cheaper place to paint. Macco or something:D

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
No. Don't get Maaco!!! They have shitty paint jobs.

For me, my exterior mods would go like this.
Springs/Struts
Rims
Kit

I just think it kind of is ricey to ride on hubcaps w/ a kit. It doesn't look that great anyways.

I'll bet there are ppl around you who would be willing to help you fit your kit. The painting I would personally get it perfessionally painted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok..i think i have to be realistic about this....i'm gonna forget about a kit for now and just do minor mods(tint, clear corners, intake), maybe get some bigger wheels, and just wait and see what comes up.....i appreciate all your input..thx

1 - 19 of 19 Posts