Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After replacing booster on son's 2000 4runner I now find out that his brakes are a mess. He needs rotors, pads, and front hub bearings. It would cost more than vehicle is worth to bring into shop so I am hoping I can do it. After looking at some of the videos involving replacing individual bearings I see that there is a lot that can go wrong.

I was hoping I could buy the WHOLE HUB BEARING ASSEMBLY so I do not have to fool with pressing and removing individual bearings, BUT I am starting to think that it is not possible until 4th generation and/or 4WD!!!

Have not been able to find anything on replacing FRONT bearings for a 2WD 2000 4Runner 3rd generation. I have found rear, and 4WD but not the same as 2WD Front.

Does anyone have an instructions, video, pics, or just anything info that might help? I have spent 6 hours looking online with no luck. Thanks

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,276 Posts
There is a lock nut on the 'back' side of the hub under the dust cover that must be removed, then it is standard press work. There is no bolt-on ways of doing it. You may be able to find a shop that will do that work for fairly cheap if you bring them the kuckles off the truck. Use OEM or Koyo bearings.

-Charlie

·
イリジウム
11,801 Posts
Call around, even different make dealerships like Honda. Press work at private shops shouldn’t be more than $40-50 each. Dealerships double.

Either OEM bearings from online dealers or just get Timken on rockauto, search up a 5% off code. Timken usually reboxes OEM Koyo or NSK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts