Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'99 Toyota Camry
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, on my 99 Camry, my armrest is coming apart where the driver's door electric window switches are. I know I could just glue it and hold it but isn't there a way to fix it back to OEM. That way I could remove the switches at a later date if I need to.
I really need to figure this out because the misses is getting fet up with all the little things that need to be done to my Cam. Please let me know your ideas!

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
is it the vinyl taht is pulling off of the door itself or is it jsut hte master switch taht will not stay in its position inteh armrest.

If the vinyl then your best bet is to remove the door panel and jsut reglue the vinyl down. If it is the switch panel itself then you probably need a new clip to hold it into place. The spring clips they use onthose dont hold up very well if you take it out a couple of times. It ends up getting stretched and then is a PITA to keep in position. Or you ahve busted of the plastic clip at the front of the switch that positions it in the armrest.

·
Registered
Camry
91 Posts
The same thing is happening to my camry-- I've looked at it so many times and I can't figure out how to fix it...

Pics...

coming apart around the edges...was like this when the car was given to me

·
Registered
'99 Toyota Camry
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it is just the vinyl pulling away from the switches. I will have to take the panel off anyway, to fix something else so I will fix it then. Thanks for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts