Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup everyone,

Just 3 months ago I bought a 2 door automatic 1997 Tercel. It's 16 valve, 1.5L and the engine code is 5EFE. I think the stock horsepower is around 95 HP. The reason I put this thread up is because I need help bringing the horsepower up.

I bought the car because the body is in great condition and the engine runs smooth. I got it from an uncle for only $2,000.00. Now, I got some extra cash to spend.

The things I need to know are what brand parts can I put under the hood for better performance. I know I can get a short ram intake, headers, and exhaust but I can't seem to find any that fits a tercel. The parts I do find I have to modify to fit in my engine.

If anyone out there knows what brand headers, short ram intake and cat back I can fit onto a tercel without too much modification, please post here. If you also have any other suggestions in getting more horsepower, don't be shy to post. I'm all ears.

I'll be posting pictures of my tercel really soon. Body and under the hood. Thanks again.

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
well most likely if your car isnt a supra you dont really have too much after market support. just search around the site for how to make a CAI that is ALOT better than SRI ... also search around about CAI and SRI it been fought over to the DEATH. exaust would have to be custom. turbo isnt too bad of an idea for this car or an engine swap if you read to sticky at the top of this area you can read all about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts