Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Toyota Vienta 1995
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - My names is Peter. I recently bought a 1995 Toyota Vienta from the auctions on a whim and its a really beautiful car to drive. There are a few things that need to be done to enhance the driving experience - high revs and tappet noise first!

The motor is a VZ-FE (V6 3000 cc) and I'm trying to get information on it to do some adjustments though I'm having problems getting the right manual for it. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
Hi Peter, and welcome to Toyota Nation! Let me move your thread over to the appropriate Camry forum so the members there can help you out, since the Vienta is the Australian version of the V6 Camry. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Camry 1996 V6 LE
1,128 Posts
^1 The camry manual is good for everything but the engine. For 3VZ engine use lexus ES300 1993 manual (on the same page, at the bottom).
So, Australian Camrys even in 95 had 3VZ, huh?

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
Trust me guys, I absolutely appreciate you helping out the OP, but I had to edit your direct links to the FSM. Please remember that direct links to the FSM are prohibited by Forum Rules. I know it's a pain, but very necessary. Thanks!

·
抵抗しても無駄だ
2002 Solara SLE V6
9,090 Posts
Trust me guys, I absolutely appreciate you helping out the OP, but I had to edit your direct links to the FSM. Please remember that direct links to the FSM are prohibited by Forum Rules. I know it's a pain, but very necessary. Thanks!
oh ... since when ? Toyota Motor Corp anal lawyers making it harder for DIYers again ? I guess they never learn and don't get it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The reason the links were edited is that the Toyota manuals are copyrighted information, and Toy wants to be paid for it, in other words, they want you to buy the manual, not have free access. Free info means that they lose money. There are plenty of resources for the free versions of the FSM, you just have to look for it elsewhere. Toyota's lawyers could technically go after the posters of the free manuals on legal grounds if they really wanted to. It's probably too much trouble though, and they have bigger fish to fry. So usually they will send a cease-and-desist letter if they find a valid link to one of these. Somebody paid for the manuals in the first place anyway, before they were ever scanned and released to the public domain.

·
抵抗しても無駄だ
2002 Solara SLE V6
9,090 Posts
The reason the links were edited is that the Toyota manuals are copyrighted information, and Toy wants to be paid for it, in other words, they want you to buy the manual, not have free access. Free info means that they lose money. There are plenty of resources for the free versions of the FSM, you just have to look for it elsewhere. Toyota's lawyers could technically go after the posters of the free manuals on legal grounds if they really wanted to. It's probably too much trouble though, and they have bigger fish to fry. So usually they will send a cease-and-desist letter if they find a valid link to one of these. Somebody paid for the manuals in the first place anyway, before they were ever scanned and released to the public domain.
sounds like the same bullshit RIAA has been selling to consumers downloading free music from internet... I wonder when this idiocy ends finally.

in other words, they CANNOT estimate how much money they could have earned more if there was no such public FSM and SOME people bought FSM thanks to it.

... but on the other hand, since LOTS of people had free access to public FSM then SOME of them bought new OEM parts (thanks to FSM diagnostics, troubleshooting steps, etc.) from dealers (locally or online).

now, tell me whose gonna really be able to prove either side good or wrong?

this is the same kind of bullshit RIAA (and other similar or local) pushes all over the globe in regards of "stealing" music and lost profits.

sorry for the rant. i'm fed up with bull shit.

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
oh ... since when ? Toyota Motor Corp anal lawyers making it harder for DIYers again ? I guess they never learn and don't get it.
Pretty much. This went into effect over a year ago and has been included in the Forum Rules since. I realize this seems like a pain and is unfair to some people, so let me clarify the reason. Toyota Nation is not owned by Toyota Motor Corporation but is instead owned by Autoforums.com. Toyota discovered that FSMs were being offered for free in direct links on the forums, so they demanded that TN not allow those links or else lose the ability to use the Toyota name. No Toyota name, no Toyota Nation, so you can see the necessity for the rule. Sharing links via PM, however, is something we can't control. ;) We thank you for your cooperation and understanding regarding this rule.

·
抵抗しても無駄だ
2002 Solara SLE V6
9,090 Posts
Pretty much. This went into effect over a year ago and has been included in the Forum Rules since. I realize this seems like a pain and is unfair to some people, so let me clarify the reason. Toyota Nation is not owned by Toyota Motor Corporation but is instead owned by Autoforums.com. Toyota discovered that FSMs were being offered for free in direct links on the forums, so they demanded that TN not allow those links or else lose the ability to use the Toyota name. No Toyota name, no Toyota Nation, so you can see the necessity for the rule. Sharing links via PM, however, is something we can't control. ;) We thank you for your cooperation and understanding regarding this rule.
gotcha. they used quite a black mail in enforcing it ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts