Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Corolla XRS
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Momo shift knob and i need help on how to cover up the white ring that holds on the boot :confused:

thanks for any help of ideas :thumbsup:

·
Registered
09 mag. grey 5 speed
344 Posts
cant help you there. just wondering if you still have your the xrs shift knob that came with you car? id be interested, as new ones are awfully pricey:

·
Banned
241 Posts
I would think that you would have to take everything back off, and then take the boot off, and install the White peice and then put the boot on over it. Thats just my 2 cents though

·
Registered
'04 Nissan Altima SE
286 Posts
Black KRYLON FUSION works great on plastic! Color blends with the leather boot. Fill in the space between ring top & bottom of shift knob with nylon/plastic washers.

·
09 Corolla
125 Posts
I would think that you would have to take everything back off, and then take the boot off, and install the White peice and then put the boot on over it. Thats just my 2 cents though
you can yank the top of the boot up over the white piece since it stretches a little, but it doesn't go snug against the shifter, it just hangs up there like stretched out sweat pants. I'm keeping an eye out for some kind of rubber gasket to pull down over it. maybe something in plumbing next time at home depot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts